We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying off site

England
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying off site

Can anybody advise me, we are staying off site at the Buena Vista Palace at Downtown Disney in September 07.

I would like to know if you can visit/use the restaurants/pools of the Disney resorts, either with their blessing or if not, what are the chances of being caught...

They also have tours - keys to the kingdom-I think one is called, basically behind the scenes, utilidors etc are you eligible for these if you are staying off site?

Thanks

Debbie

Mentioned in this post
Buena Vista Suites
Buena Vista Suites
1,162 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying off site

You can take the tour whether you are staying on site or off site. In fact, a friend of mine arranged to take his wife on the Keys to the Kingdom for an anniversary present a couple months ago, and they live in Orlando.

The resorts are a lot more strict than they used to be about non-resort guests using pools. It used to be that you could pool hop from resort to resort. Now you can't. Off property guests were never allowed to use the Disney resort pools. You have to have a wristband to use the pool at the Yacht & Beach Club, and it wouldn't surprise me if they all went to that policy. You do have to have your room key available for ID when you use a Disney resort pool. I haven't seen anyone get caught, although I have seen many people have their ID checked. So I can't tell you what happens if there isn't an ID.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,635 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying off site

As for the restaurants at Disney, as long as you get reservations for the table service ones, anyone can eat at them whether staying on or off property.

I do advise getting the reservations, though, because walkups rarely get the chance to get in, due to the busy-ness of them.

England
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying off site

Thanks for your help..

We mainly just want to eat there and have a nose around the resorts. We often debate whether cost verses location is worth it and would like to know which resort would be best for us should we decide to go for it. Its only the more kiddie resorts that are cheaper to get a more upclass one is major expensive.

Cheers

Debbie

4. Re: Staying off site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 15, 2009