We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney World Vacation Recommendations

Fertile, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Disney World Vacation Recommendations

I have questions and need advice:

We are planning a 7 day Florida Vacation. Day 1 and Day 7 are reserved for travel. We have 6 days of free time.

I was thinking 3 days Disney (If you had to leave out 1 theme park, which one would you leave out?) We are looking at staying at the Holiday Inn Resort in Lake Buena Vista. Some of the reviews are shady.... Any personal experiences? I really like the kids eat free option which is what drew me to this hotel.....

Where can I save money on eating in Walt Disney World?

1 Day Holy Land Experience (Have you been there? Is it worth it?)

2 Days Cocoa Beach - Where should we stay? What is a must see at Cocoa Beach?

pa
Level Contributor
54,088 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney World Vacation Recommendations

Hard to leave one park out :(

It is only $15 more to add a 4th day to a 3 day ticket, well worth it for another fun day, IMHO of course

I would leave out the Holyland experience

Not a fan of the east coast beaches, would suggest looking west to the Gulf Coast

When are you hoping to go ? There are offers during the year for Free Dinning at Disney, when staying at a Disney Resort, no worry about meal costs then :)

If you can't or don't want to get a Free Dining Deal, prices aren't that crazy and there are plenty of options

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney World Vacation Recommendations

Agree with partypa, except about the beaches. There's nothing wrong with the east coast (it's the real ocean, the gulf is the gulf, green water, we didn't like it). Stick with Cocoa beach :)

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,298 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney World Vacation Recommendations

princess....

Green water.......better than brown water we get over here.........lol......

Fertile, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney World Vacation Recommendations

Why - have you been to the Holy Land Experience?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney World Vacation Recommendations

Mike, believe it or not, they get brown water on the gulf too!! ick

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney World Vacation Recommendations

yelp.com/biz/the-holy-land-experience-orlando

here are some reviews for the holy land experience

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney World Vacation Recommendations

Cocoa Beach is wonderful and so close to Orlando. Check out the Cocoa Beach Forum for more information. If I had to skip one park at Disney it would be Epcot. Partypa is right though that price difference is slim at the 3-4 day point. I have not visited Holyland so can't compare. We also enjoyed Kennedy which could be combined with nearby Cocoa Beach.

8. Re: Disney World Vacation Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 07, 2014