We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time to go to Orlando Florida?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
When is the best time to go to Orlando Florida?

My boyfriend and I are looking to go to florida next year (2014). What is the best month to go? Would like nice weather and for the majority of kids to be back at school.

Thanks x

52 replies to this topic
Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the best time to go to Orlando Florida?

Back end of may or last 3 weeks of sept and October would get my vote. If you can hold off October

York, England...
Level Contributor
330 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the best time to go to Orlando Florida?

Depends what you call nice weather, end of August is very hot with a daily thunderstorm and manageable crowds. September is still nice and hot with lower crowds.

pa
Level Contributor
53,806 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When is the best time to go to Orlando Florida?

October, lower crowds, weather still hot enough for swimming and Epcot's Food and Wine Festival, great time to visit :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
670 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is the best time to go to Orlando Florida?

We were there the week after Spring Break and could not believe how empty the parks were compared to previous visits

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
961 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is the best time to go to Orlando Florida?

The only months I tell people to avoid is June through September.The weather is very hot.humid and daily rain showers. If you have to go in September go after the 15th of the month. The weather is still very hot high80's but at least it has cleared the 90 and above mark.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,084 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is the best time to go to Orlando Florida?

I would say for the best weather and reasonable crowd levels you should probably choose the first two weeks of May or the last two weeks of October.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,691 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When is the best time to go to Orlando Florida?

Agree with phyllisorlando. Summer is the off season for us locals. Worst weather of the year, IMO.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,417 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When is the best time to go to Orlando Florida?

I say October too! We've always had fab weather and the crowds are relatively quiet!

Anglesey, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: When is the best time to go to Orlando Florida?

This will be the 4th time weve been in Oct were going Oct 20th-3rd nov and weve always had great weather so defo consider going Oct. halloween is amazing there.any age.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When is the best time to go to Orlando Florida?

I'll take a different approach and suggest what you should AVOID.

June-August. Too hot. Most US schools are out for summer break.

End of November: Thanksgiving break.

Dec 15-31: Most US schools will be out sometime within these days for Christmas break.

First few days of January: Still Christmas break.

March: US universities take spring break. Each school takes a different week off, but most take off sometime within the month of March. Many elementary and high schools also take spring break and families head to Disney.

Easter: Could fall in March or April. Avoid the week before and after.

Other holiday dates to avoid would be: Columbus/Native American Day in October, Veteran's Day in November, President's Day in February, Memorial Day in May. None of these will be as busy as summer or Christmas, though.

What is your tolerance for heat? Are you really sensitive to it? I can't handle heat very well and I find April-October to be still too warm for me in the southern US. I know I'm a bit unusual with that, though. Obviously, for many people, April, September and October are tolerable. Just a heads up in case you're extremely sensitive to it. In contrast, many people think November-February are too cold to enjoy theme parks and, being from the north where -30F is not unusual, I find a 68F winter day in Florida to be quite pleasant. We also don't do waterparks when in FL, so that is something else to consider when choosing a time of year.

Reply to: When is the best time to go to Orlando Florida?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted