We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve 2006

Sydney
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Years Eve 2006

My wife & I will be in Orlando for New Years Eve with our 2 grandkids 10& 13. Any suggestions on where to go to see in the New Year?

1. Re: New Years Eve 2006

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 pm, January 31, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve 2006

I assume your question was directed toward going out, not toward lodging. You could go to a theme park and stay until midnight; of course they will be very crowded, and perhaps cool, even cold, depending on the weather. At Downtown Disney, you could go there to see the fireworks at Pleasure Island at New Years, but, once again, it will be extremely crowded. Same with CitiWalk at Universal. Also you could park at the Boardwalk hotel and walk on the "boardwalk" and watch the Epcot fireworks, but, once again, very crowded. You could book one of the many Disney restaurants, but as they will be very crowded, and booking starts 180 days in advance, its right about the time to book New Years Eve now, as they will fill up fast.

If none of these work, check out www.orlandosentinel.com for listings of New Years Eve events around Orlando as the date approaches. Or, if you stay at a hotel with a view of theme park fireworks, just stay in the room and watch "(Richard) Clark's New Years Rockin Eve" and then look out the window when the new year hits.

Sydney
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve 2006

Thanks for the replies. We are staying at Windsor Hills so maybe we can see some fireworks from there although I would like to go out somewhere . Looks as though there will be crowds everywhere but I guess thats the same all over the world.

NJ
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve 2006

We were in Disney last New Years Eve. MGM New Years Eve Party was fantastic. Bands, Dj's Portable bars and plenty of Fireworks set to Music. My Husband, Daughter, son-in-law and granddaughters decided to make it an annual event.

Helen

Suntree, Florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve 2006

Citywalk and Pleasure Island are for the 21 and up crowd on New Years. You must purchase tickets, which are pricey and you must show your id. These venues would not work for you if you have kids.

There are many places in and around the Disney area that have special events for families at New Years. Fort Wilderness camp resort had a special family type of function where you could watch the fireworks from the beach.

london
Level Contributor
711 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve 2006

hi clintjake,

seeing that you have your grandchildren with you, you want a bring in new year with them. i know that gatorland sees in the new year along with all tha parks. i would just go to disney in the morning and then come back in tha afternoon and have your dinner and than go back to the parks but there may be a charge i am not sure and take any snacks and drinks for the kids and yourself with you as you can guess they will charge you a lot for it.

please dont make the mistake that we did when we went over last christmas and new year we thought that it is always hot so we did not take any warm clothes with us and boy was it cold and freezing especially in the eveings and mornings and we had to have the heater on in the room so please when you go for the new years new please take warm clothes and jumpers.leggings etc. because when you are cold you will not enjoy ir

pam