We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firefly Car Rental

D N
Lexington, Kentucky
2 posts
Save Topic
Firefly Car Rental

Has anyone rented a car from this company in Orlando? If so, please tell me about your experience.

delmar
1 post
Save Reply
31. Re: Firefly Car Rental

Anyone rent from Firefly in Las Vegas ?? Was it any better than Orlando reviews???

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Firefly Car Rental

You may get more answers on the Vegas forum

Fort Saskatchewan
1 post
Save Reply
33. Re: Firefly Car Rental

Rented from Firefly for a week at the end of January 2014 in Orlando. Told them up front that we were not interested in purchasing any extra insurance and things were good. The car ran well was economical and had no problems. They did charge us initially for the fuel but we were given a refund when we returned the car with a full tank. Service at the counter was fast but we were also the only one at the counter. The price was great and super competitive compared to the other rates. I think I will rent from them the next time I am in Vegas.

south surrey, bc
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Firefly Car Rental

Not orlando - but just got back from LasVegas and chose them over Enterprise, like $5 cheaper for weekend - big mistake! staff totally unable to problem solve, hate their jobs, hate the complaints and the operational problems they have to deal with, had no cars when I arrived with reservation, when a car did come in it was filthy, console was broken and keeps popping open onto right elbow and tires were BALD, fortunately no 'weather' in vegas, but bald tires is unacceptable. Vehicle had 40,000 miles on it and I suspect these were factory issued tires on Hyundai Sonata. You get what you pay for and for $5 more for the 4 day weekend I would prefer clean, nearly new and in good repair. First and last Firefly rental - no matter what location.

Sewickley...
Level Contributor
155 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Firefly Car Rental

Not a bad company if you can put up with the repeating song they use for counter music, and unfortunately plays on every radio station in their rental cars. Not sure how they did it but it's annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feLAm3LdN9g

Edited: 7:56 am, February 19, 2014
Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Firefly Car Rental

We had very good luck with firefly. We needed a car for a month, and they had the best rate in Orlando at the time. Felix was very helpful.

Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Firefly Car Rental

We had very good luck with firefly. We needed a car for a month, and they had the best rate in Orlando at the time. Felix was very helpful.

Keep in mind - they are a discount agency. And make sure you return the car with a full tank; that's where they'll get you.

Lewiston, Idaho
1 post
Save Reply
38. Re: Firefly Car Rental

do not rent from this company,, THE LOW PRICE IS NOT WORTH IT. had my experience in las vegas, waited 1.5 hours in line,, and no that is not an exageration, then was told no compact cars availabe, i could pay for a larger car or wait 45min more,, no guarantee one would be available in 45 min,, but "maybe",,.,, i went and rented somewhere else,,, missed an appointment and lost 80.00 deposit,,

PLEASE DONT USE THIS COMPANY,,, YOU WILL BE SORRY

Columbus, Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
39. Re: Firefly Car Rental

I just rented a Mini Van on March 12, 2014 for 5 days. It was a smooth transaction with no issue and save $100 plus over the major brands. They are located next to Hertz in the Orlando airport. I will use again.

Mark L.

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
40. Re: Firefly Car Rental

Rented a intermediate from the Orlando AIrport location March 11 for a week. Car was a 2012 civic with 52000 miles. Slight bearing noise but it drove excellent and was in very good condition. Rental went seamless. There was no pressure to purchase their insurance or prepay gas any more than I have experienced with any other rental company. No surprise charges on my credit card.

I was a bit weary about using them given some of the reviews but I decided to try it anyway given the savings and I am glad I did. If the savings were less than 50 for a week I would probably stick with the big boys but the 150 in savings was definitely worth it. Would have no problem using them again.