We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To do list

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
To do list

Ok I have a couple of things left on my US to do list. Im talking about things that I have seen or heard about in popular culture. Being a kid who grew up in the 80s I was fascinated with America through tv and music. Only the rich kids got to go there so im chuffed to be have been several times and next trip planned for Nov.

Ive managed to do a few in NYC a few years back such as

Shouting for a taxi and getting a newspaper out of the box in the street.

Still would like to

Eat chinese food from them square boxes.

Eat a twinky.

Get some groceries in them brown bags without handles.

Struggling to think of more and would love to hear more ideas from other people

Mentioned in this post
South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
5,062 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To do list

I'm sure there was a similar post on here a week or so ago. You could use the search box and see what answers they got.

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
662 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To do list

I did the Chinese box thing in New York and Orlando.

Was really disappointed in Orlando when both Publix and Walmart used plastic arrived bags.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To do list

I'm having a de ja vue moment here. you asked the same thing a couple of weeks ago!

Marion it was Ray that asked before :)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To do list

I could Marion but thats boring,

I always prefere posting new on every subject to be honest. Its not the case in every subject but news/info is that bit fresher.

I also think it brings stuff up for others to benefit. For instance a poster just searching via the little box limits that info to themselves, someone posting raises the subject profile. Ive learnt so much by browsing all the different posts that I wouldnt have thought to search here or on google.

Though I may google for ideas.

Enjoy the sun this week

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To do list

I did indeed USlovers, I didnt get much of response to. Was going to bump the post however im using my phone as laptop painfully slow sometimes and the mobile site wont let me find it!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To do list

Limited access via mobile site I meen.

South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
5,062 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To do list

Ray...there's no sun in my part of Scotland here today :-(

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To do list

Oh crumbs, sorry I had no idea Blackwood is in Scotland not that I would presume the weather to be poor.

Its marvelous down here in Colchester and if I could I would send some up as weve been very lucky this summer with more than our fair share!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,773 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: To do list

thanks for gloating about the weather lol. the sun seems to be lacking in yorkshire too.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To do list

Haha, I dont quite know what we have done to get the weather. It looked a tad iffy yesterday but had a lovley day in the inlaws garden with a few beers.

Even had a chap or lady performing acrobats above us in a bi plane. Having a duvet day and info hunt on here to recover!