We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbie and first timer at wdw transfer help!,

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
6 posts
Save Topic
Newbie and first timer at wdw transfer help!,

Just been in to travel agents to get a price for staying at pop century and I asked if the Disney shuttle was still free etc and she assured me that It will be running and I won't need to pre book etc

But after some reading on here I just realised we would be flying into sanford so now I am unsure as there isn't a disney shuttle from there? is it fairly easy to get a shuttle from Sanford? I am unable to drive so won't be hiring a car

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
399 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbie and first timer at wdw transfer help!,

your travel agent obviously doesn't have a clue!!! if its the free magical express shuttle that you mean,it only runs from orlando international airport to the Disney hotels (mco) not from Sanford. you will have to pre book a shuttle..prob with your travel agent (we don't drive either) or your other option would be to pay out of pocket for a taxi once you arrive...have a feeling that would be very expensive though! hope you sort it all out x

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,785 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbie and first timer at wdw transfer help!,

Or get your TA to book you with Thomas Cook- don't they use MCO now?

Your only realistic choice at Sanford is a shuttle. Taxi would be over 100 each way I would think.

pa
Level Contributor
53,717 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbie and first timer at wdw transfer help!,

I would change flights, even if there is a fee to change, you might come out a bit ahead and you will land closer to your destination and have a quicker journey on the Free Magical Express

Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbie and first timer at wdw transfer help!,

Double check with your travel agent as we were told we'd be landing at Sanford but then our booking confirmation said Orlando. When we asked which one we were told Orlando. We booked through Thomson travel.

6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Newbie and first timer at wdw transfer help!,

Thanks for the replies, do any if the tour operators fly in to Orlando international? I can only see virgin that do none of the others give me the option

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newbie and first timer at wdw transfer help!,

It depends when you are looking to go , Thomas Cook are changing to fly into MCO next year, I think it is around May but check if you try dummy booking on their website

Other than That for a direct flight it is just Virgin or Travel City Direct

Edited: 3:50 pm, August 31, 2013
hull
Level Contributor
265 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newbie and first timer at wdw transfer help!,

We've booked with Thomas Cook for next May and we fly into MCO.

Leicester, England
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Newbie and first timer at wdw transfer help!,

We've booked through Thomson for next year and are flying into Sanford. Thomson do provide airport transfers at an extra fee... who have you booked with??

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Newbie and first timer at wdw transfer help!,

Have you priced up booking direct with Disney for your accommodation and booking your flights separately? No need to book through a TA IMO, They never seem to know what they're talking about, we haven't used a TA since the early 80's !!

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Newbie and first timer at wdw transfer help!,

I can't believe the Travel Agent! Surely whenever you say you wont be hiring a car they should be advising you the best airport would be MCO especially when you mentioned the free Disney shuttle to Pop Century. She should have known right away it doesn't run from Sanford and I'm sure you do have to book it. If you haven't booked aything yet I would go somewhere else and find out as much as you can before you book. It really angers me, people spend thousands of pounds to go to Florida and end up with an incompetent TA. As USlovers says no need for them, DIY. You can get all the info you need right here from experts.

Edited: 8:39 pm, September 01, 2013