We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Get on transfer bus or pick up car from sanford ?

Co Durham
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Get on transfer bus or pick up car from sanford ?

HI

We are travelling to sanford with thomson next month and I have booked car hire through Alamo. We have been to Orlando a few times before but never hired a car. This will be our first time travelling with our 3 yr old and I am wondering if we will be better getting on the transfer bus and picking the car up the next morning from idrive. I am worried in case we are delayed and its dark when we arrive ect.

Has anyone ever done this or wished they had or am I just stressing over nothing?

Thanks

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Get on transfer bus or pick up car from sanford ?

I think it's always better to drive yourself that way you can deviate if you wanted and take your time, it's really easy to get to idrive and at least that way it's sorted. I've never done the transfers myself but have heard of people who have and they wished the drove themselves.

hull
Level Contributor
265 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Get on transfer bus or pick up car from sanford ?

We priced up hiring car from Orlando International for 21 days,then thought we can get the Disney Magiclal Express,so priced up for 20 days picking car up from either DTD or MK,it worked out about £60 dearer to collect from Disney,couldn't believe it asked them why and was told more companies at Airport have to be more competitive....To be honest once you have got used to the car driving it quite easy.automatics are great,just remember passenger should be at the gutter side.I wouldn't like to drive my car over there but I think because your sat at other side it makes it easier

3. Re: Get on transfer bus or pick up car from sanford ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 22, 2014