We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo Brits...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Alamo Brits...

Having arranged flights for July 2014, I thought I would have a quick skulk at online car hire quotes......having previously used a good number of times USRentacar.co.uk - I would have to add with excellent service and a hassle free experience - being able all the time to select Alamo for the convenience it gives definitely helps......but I recalled many a poster on here recommending Alamo Brits. Just had a quick look and for a standard SUV for an 18 day rental I was quite shocked at the pricing differential between the two. Now, I generally subscribe to the view that "if it walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks...." - anyhow, Alamo Brits for a 52 y.o. driver in both an Intermediate and Standard SUV is miles cheaper - not just £20 or £30 but well over a hundred and twenty quid difference. Anyone used the latter lately and care to share their experience in terms of cost etc ? Certainly with the former, the advantage is that you can book with just a fifty quid deposit whereas AlamoBrits would expect full payment on booking...hmm...its appealing though !!

Edited: 1:52 am, March 23, 2015
Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from $128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from $49.99*
$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from $168.99*
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo Brits...

We used Alamo Brits for out June trip - much cheaper than any other quotes we had and great all round really - no complaints. We couldn't do online check in though but that was no big deal in the end

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,418 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo Brits...

We have used them this year and have booked with them again for next year

It's just a small discount with Alamo but every little helps

You get the same service as booking directly with Alamo and you get additional drivers included

Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo Brits...

I've just checked.

Alamo USA site says $375 @ Alamo Brits shows $341.

......and that's just for the basic motor!

......and the Brit one seems to have all the ins options included as well!

Hugo

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo Brits...

I used them in 2008 and 2011 and they were the best value at the time. Never had any problems with them and intend to use them again. Sorry I know it's not recent but I would recommend.

Level Contributor
1,081 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alamo Brits...

We have booked with Alamo Brits after seeing it on TA. Over £75 cheaper than anywhere else for a standard SUV.

Ireland
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alamo Brits...

Do you have to be british to use alamo brits?? I am Irish and will be using an Irish address to book and pay? I've been looking at alamo.com and carhire3000 and alamo brits are so much cheaper, especially as they include additional drivers.

Ramsgate, United...
Level Contributor
288 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alamo Brits...

Enter the site and try it out!

You don't pay until you press the 'Pay Now' button

'Brit' stands for British, which means Great Britain, I reckon Ireland is part of Britain (St ~Patricks cross is even on the national Flag!)

Enjoy saving money being a Brit.

Best of luck (Don't forget the Shamrock)

Hugo

Edited: 11:30 am, August 21, 2013
Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,418 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alamo Brits...

I always thought that Southern Ireland wasn't part of the uk?

I'm sure I had to show my passport when I went to cork or maybe I didn't?

When you fly from Dublin you pass through immigration there so how can it be part of the uk or am I missing something

I take it you are from Southern Ireland Christine.?

Anyway just try and see if you can book

The Brtits bit is just a discount given with the Brits Guide anyone can use it I think

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alamo Brits...

No Ireland isn't part of uk but that shouldn't stop you from using the site I don't think.... It is looking cheaper for us too:) every penny saved is more for the holiday:) enjoy:)

Ireland
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alamo Brits...

Yes Susie I am from Southern Ireland and it is not part of Great Britain!!

I have bitten the bullet and booked via alamobrits and got a great deal with an additional driver included. Actually, by pure coincidence I got an email this evening from alamo.com offering me 10% off my next booking plus a free car upgrade and an additional driver free but when I entered all my details it still worked out to be £100 more than alamobrits..

One further question...I have entered all our details on the "savetime" facility which I understand allows us to check in at the kiosk/garage? If this is the case where do I pay, as I have chosen the pay on arrival option?