We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel to airport transportation

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel to airport transportation

While at WDW we are planning on renting a car for our final two days so we can get over to Sea World and see Orlando. My plan is to rent it from the airport location and then use it to get us back to the airport when we leave. Will I have any problem getting to the airport from Pop Century during the week to pick up the rental car.

Plus is it me or are rental cars in Orland OUTRAGOUS? For what a 2 day rental is costing me, I had a car for a full week in Vegas.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel to airport transportation

It's less expensive to rent for the week, than to rent by the day. The only problem you will have is actually getting transportation to the airport. A taxi is going to run you close to $50.

Which company are you renting from? Some rental companies not only have pick ups at the airport, but at hotels as well and you might be able to work it out to pick up the car closer to Disney and still drop it at the airport. Considering the cab fare, it would be worth checking in to.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel to airport transportation

I going with Alamo because they are the cheapest when all things are added up. Everyone else requires a "hold" against your credit card ranging in amounts of $100 up to $300, while Alamo puts no hold against your card.

Would it be possible to take the Disney shuttle back to the airport? We will be taking from the Airport to Pop Century when we arrive, but since we are not leaving right then wasn't sure if we could catch a ride out.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel to airport transportation

Call and ask - it shouldn't be a problem.

Do you know that you can rent cars from Walt Disney world property, so you don't need to go to the airport? Use "Orlando" as the city but use the WDW zipcode: 32830 I tried Lake Buena Vista as the city and had no luck, Orlando is what you want to do. USe the "Find a Location" button on the Alamo site. Alamo is available at the WDW Dolphin (ORLR74) and at the WDW Car Care Center (ORLR72). Alamo has a shuttle that will pick you up from Pop Century and take you to the Car Care Center but, if I remember correctly, they need at least 3 hours advance warning.

Check mousesavers.com for discount codes. Sometimes the company website is the cheapest, other times I do better going through travelocity, Orbitz or the united airlines website www.united.com

Do you have an entertainment book - check the coupons.

4. Re: Hotel to airport transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 15, 2009