We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July or August??

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Topic
July or August??

I know neither of these months are great but bring restricted to school holidays means we'll need to prepare ourselves for the heat and the crowds! We have booked for the first 2 weeks in July (cheapest as English schools yet to break up) staying at POR never even crossed my mind about 4th of July holidays and I've just found a crowd predictor which looks like it will be totally manic! Honest opinions from the experts do we stick with these dates enjoy the celebrations and work around the magic hours for rides the first week or should we move it back to the end of July begining of August Scottish schools go back around 13th August? Will there be a big enough difference to make it worth while? I assume the weather will be similarly hot but is there more or less emrain later in the month? (used to rain!!) The cost doesn't concern me if we can have a more relaxed time! Thanks x

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
468 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
183 reviews
from $128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
11 reviews
from $49.99*
$87.87
Special Offer
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
126 reviews
from $112.99*
$118.99
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,497 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July or August??

Weatherwise, there is not much difference. You can see the statistics here: www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3…

pa
Level Contributor
54,254 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: July or August??

Crowd wise

I'd go with August

Do they have a break in October ?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: July or August??

Yeah but it's only a week so not long enough. Think I'll speak to travel agent tomorrow see if we can shift it back. Thanks for advice!

pa
Level Contributor
54,254 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: July or August??

Lorna, did you book the Free Dining Offer ?

Just wondering :)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: July or August??

Yip and upgraded to the dining plan... Just working out which character meals and restaurants now! Not telling the wee one until we get on the plane but kind of think she's missing out on the excitement of planning too. Having said that it's too many "sleeps" away to keep me sane with questions!!!

pa
Level Contributor
54,254 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: July or August??

Well Done on booking the Free Dining

I agree, don't tell her just yet, the year will seem even longer if you do :)

Here's a bit of info about POR, it's a great Resort

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3116350

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: July or August??

Thanks that's Brillant! I'm sure I'll be looking for more advice the more we start to plan! Have oy been once and that was 13 years ago!

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,132 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: July or August??

Just got back - loads of school kids in the parks (will avoid weekends next year, esp waterparks) and the crowds seemed to be getting busier.

My advice - get to the parks early as it rained most afternoons and we would then return to the hotel - or go for lunch outside - burgers and chips in the parks cost around $50 for 4 of us - and use the hotel pool if it stopped. Also queues for popular rides were only 5/10 minutes.

We've booked again for early July as my son will be in College and finishes earlier than the schools.

Edited: 2:44 am, July 22, 2013
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: July or August??

Thanks. Was it outrageously busy over 4th July week? If we can would you advise we move it back to the begining of August. I'm just worried the wee one will be totally overwhelmed if it's mentally busy - Thanks again!

pa
Level Contributor
54,254 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: July or August??

July is the Busiest Overall Month of the Year :(