We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for our August trip

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary for our August trip

Hi all in trip advisor land,I have a basic itinerary for our trip I was wondering what else u would do /change

Day 1 arrive at hard rock hotel late afternoon , sort fast passes room and basic supplies ( not sure yet of the nearest supermarket) evening city walk for food and a few 'beverages'

Day2 early start iol Harry potter world stay in park all morning. Pm go and pick car up from Alamo possible stay on international drive area etc

Day3 all day at magic kingdom stay for fireworks /parades

Day4 universal all morning (using fast passes) the chill axe by the hotel pool pm evening free for crazy golf or cinema

Day5 25th wedding anniversary so spending the day at discovery cove evening a visit to a great steak house ( not sure which one yet)

Day6 Ioa all morning then off for my favourite pastime shopping !!!!!!!!! Evening out on international dr

Day7 aquatica for chill time

Day8 Hollywood studios including fireworks evening free time

Day 9 universal am pool pm evening free for city walk /golf

Day 10 typhoon lagoon

Day11 airboat ride am shopping again pm !!! Epcot fireworks 9 pm

Day 12 magic kingdom and Hollywood studios for a 2 nd go on any favourite rides

Day 13 free to redo favourites

Day 14 as above remember to return car !!!!!!

Day 15 quick go iol pick up coach to Sanford airport

Any suggestions would be great

Just under 6 weeks to go !!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,930 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for our August trip

My suggestion would be to remember you are on holiday and don't get too upset if you find you can't stick to your schedule. It will be very, very hot and humid in August and you might need more "down time" than you have planned. As you have a car, how about a day at the coast to see a bit more of Florida? Clearwater Beach is lovely and about a 1.5 hr drive.

Have a great time.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for our August trip

Have a general idea of what you want to do but remember it is very hot and humid i August with frequent rain especially around 3:00 which can be very heavy. I would plan my mornings and early afternoons at the parks and then go back to the hotel to relax and go back after 6:00.

The Clearwater Beach is a great idea I would book a night there for a change of pace. The Brazillion steak house on International Drive is a wonderful place to go.

Happy Anniversary!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,808 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for our August trip

My advice is be very flexible

Don't have a day to day itinerary just have a list of things you want to do or see

It's a holiday - no need for an itinerary on holiday IMHO

Relax and enjoy - don't forget how hot and humid it will be

Good luck

Devon UK
Level Contributor
858 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary for our August trip

I agree with everyone else's comments,it will be roasting out there and with the humidity it will drain you.Trying to pack too much in to a strict itinery will leave you exhausted.

Take each day as it comes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary for our August trip

Hi, I've not been in August before, but have experienced the Orlando heat & humidity in June & once in mid October.

We found ... Like others have said it to be draining & spent most of the day by the pool or at waterparks. Only visiting parks etc early before 12 or after 6.

We're booked for August 2014 & intend to get to any parks we do by rope drop & leave as soon as heat gets too much for us.

Spend afternoon by pool/water park or chilling, shopping, having lunch etc

Once it's more bearable it'll probably be back to a park with our humidity hit fuzzy hair.

Like Susie & Julie said, prob best not to be too strict with your itinerary..

But..all those places sound fab.. :0)

Edited: 1:22 pm, July 06, 2013
Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary for our August trip

Thanks for your replys

We went to Orlando about 5 years ago and I can remember the rain and thunderstorms still!

Been to Clearwater ,the kids want more park time this time

Anything else I've missed?

I fancy a short helicopter ride ( remember them on I drive ) maybe the speedway ?

What would be the best help would be local breakfast venues and where w can get scooby snacks near the hotel as I've seen on many posts that the hard rock hotel is rather expensive

Any views?

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary for our August trip

Are you staying at the Hard Rock for the entire vacation?

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary for our August trip

Yes

We are there for 14 nights

Now I've seen what they charge (20 dollars parking per day) (20dollars per person breakfast) etc thinking its gonna cost an arm n leg !

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,192 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary for our August trip

Tolly there is no fridge in the room, just a mini bar. You can rent one if you want. I mention it because you said you were going to the supermarket. We bring breakfast stuff from home, so maybe get stuff for breakfast from the supermarket so you don't have to buy it there everyday :)

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary for our August trip

Guess what

They charge 20 dollars a nite for the fridge too!!!

Taking a big cool bag to fill with ice !