We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneys Saratoga Springs or Disney's Old Key West

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Disneys Saratoga Springs or Disney's Old Key West

Hi , we've never been to Disney Florida and we're hoping to visit in 2014. I've seen a special offer in a travel agents which includes accommodation in Disney's Saratoga Springs & Spa or Disney's Old Key West. We will be bringing our 16 yr old and 10 yr old so can anyone advise which of these would be best suited to us or should we avoid these and wait for another deal at another accommodation

Ideally we would prefer an apartment/suite type accommodation rather than a hotel room.

Thanks in Advance

Karen.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneys Saratoga Springs or Disney's Old Key West

SSR for me every time. We have stayed at both, SSR over 15 times and OKW once! Says it all really.

We like SSR for the proximity to DTD, about a 5-10 minute walk depending on which area you are staying in. The grounds are beautiful, the villas are lovely and the staff excellent.

The studios are like hotel rooms, with a small kitchenette with microwave, coffee maker and small fridge, the 1 beds and bigger have a full kitchen with a humungus fridge for your wine:)

The studios at SSR have a queen bed and sofa bed, at OKW they have 2 queen beds, the 1 beds at both have a king bed in the master and a sofabed in the lounge/kitchen, OKW has also got a single chair/bed in the lounge so I'm thinking that may swing it for you.

Edited: 11:04 am, June 27, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneys Saratoga Springs or Disney's Old Key West

Thanks USLovers , is there any particular area of SSR you would recommend that we request ?

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneys Saratoga Springs or Disney's Old Key West

Saratoga springs would be our choice too.

It's a lovely resort with great pools.

We prefer the grandstand section as our teenage boys like the pool there best, and also it has first pick up and drop off for the buses. The paddock area is also nice with counter service meals.

Lovely to be able to walk to downtown disney.

Two days until our 4th visit!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneys Saratoga Springs or Disney's Old Key West

I'd go with the Paddocks, the pool is great, there is a food outlet & bar there too and it's only about a 5 minute walk to DTD through the back entrance.

We've been about 15 times to SSR and have always stayed at the Paddocks or Congress Park. Congress Park is really quiet, not so great for your kids, but very close to DTD. The Paddocks rooms have fabulous views across the lake & fountains, lovely sitting out on the balcony (with a glass or two of wine) watching the world go by.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneys Saratoga Springs or Disney's Old Key West

Would you pick Saratoga Springs over somewhere on International Drive as before I saw this offer International Drive had been the place everyone told us to stay.

We don't want to spend all that money travelling from Dublin and then stay in the wrong place.

pa
Level Contributor
53,800 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneys Saratoga Springs or Disney's Old Key West

SSR is a great choice. The Paddocks get my vote

The deal you are looking at include the Disney Free Dining ?

If not, check that out, a nice savings, especially with kids :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneys Saratoga Springs or Disney's Old Key West

Hi partypa , I'm just waiting for a callback with a total price but here's what's included :

**ORLANDO 2014 - WALT DISNEY WORLD SALE**

** Free Dining + USD200 Gift Card + 14 days tickets for price of 7

**Fly from Dublin to Orlandio Direct with Aer Lingus**

**Deposit only €99 per person!! Pay Balance in installments**

1.FREE Disney Dining for your whole party throughout your entire stay at up to 100 dining locations at Walt Disney World.

2. FREE $200 Disney Spending Money to treat yourself and your family for even more Disney magic during your dream holiday.

3. Disney’s 14-Day Ultimate Ticket which includes unlimited entry to ALL six Parks for a price of a Disney’s 7-Day Ultimate ticket.

PLUS save 35% on your accommodation by staying at Disney’s Old Key West Resort or Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneys Saratoga Springs or Disney's Old Key West

For me there is no comparison to staying on IDrive to staying onsite. I'm not knocking IDrive (before someone jumps down my throat) many love it but it's not for me. We purely go to Orlando for Disney and maybe a little bit of Universal on occasions, but we always stay onsite there as well.

If we're not doing parks we don't go to Florida, we go elsewhere in the US or Canada.

Fishkill, New York
Level Contributor
129 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneys Saratoga Springs or Disney's Old Key West

Wow! That is an impressive deal! It's not that there's anything wrong with OKW but SSR is the newer resort and has more to offer. It is larger and you'll have to do a little more walking but it's a beautiful resort. The rooms have a washer/dryer as well which is great for a long trip.

The free dining for your entire trip is a major bonus. As long as your comfortable with the room/flight prices and the dates available I'd say go for it!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disneys Saratoga Springs or Disney's Old Key West

Thanks so much for all your replies :) We'd like to do some shopping while in Florida, would the shopping areas be easily accessible from SSR ?