We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day to Hop in Disney Parks

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
236 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
One Day to Hop in Disney Parks

My husband and our 15 year old daugher will be visiting Orlando for a volleyball tournament. We plan to purchase one day hopper passes for Disney. We have been to the Magic Kingdom a couple of times but my daughter was 12 the last time. We've also been to Hollywood Studios once. Can you help me figure out how much time to spend in each park? We want to do Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Magic Kingdom. Any times of day better at a specific park?

Thanks!

pa
Level Contributor
54,317 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day to Hop in Disney Parks

What is the exact date of this fun adventure ?

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
236 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day to Hop in Disney Parks

Probably Friday, June 28

pa
Level Contributor
54,317 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day to Hop in Disney Parks

I would start at the Animal Kingdom, be there by 8:45, it opens at 9:00, maybe allow 4 hours of fun then head over to Epcot, depending on crowd levels, you should be able to get a few things accomplished in 5 or so hours and then head over to the Magic Kingdom, Wishes Fireworks are at 10:00pm, closing is at 11:00

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
236 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Day to Hop in Disney Parks

Thank you for your recommendations! I appreciate it! :)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Day to Hop in Disney Parks

Yes, I agree with Partypa, if you simply must do three parks in one day, which is difficult in the best of circumstances, I would begin at Animal Kingdom, then head to Epcot, and finish the day at Magic Kingdom.

Just realize end of June is very, very busy, and you'll likely only get to do three or four attractions in each park due to the long que lines. Fast Pass would not likely be much use to you except for the early morning hours, since the parks will be so busy, by the time you get a Fast Pass return time for some attraction, you'll likely be in different park by the time it comes due later in the day.

Are you planning to park the car once then take Disney bus between the parks, or will you be driving your vehicle from park to park?

Edited: 10:44 am, June 21, 2013
Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
236 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Day to Hop in Disney Parks

What do you recommend about parking? We now plan to start in Epcot and end our day at the Magic Kingdom...

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Day to Hop in Disney Parks

Are you still planning on doing Animal Kingdom in between Epcot and Magic Kingdom or are you leaving A.K. out totally?

If you are NOT planning on moving the car from parking lot to parking lot (i.e. leaving it in one spot all day), I would park at the Magic Kingdom parking lot first thing in the morning (actually the Transportation and Ticket Center/TTC), then take the monorail over to Epcot to begin the day. The thing to remember about a vehicle is that you want the vehicle parked in the lot of the last park you'll be visiting during the day.

When you are ready to leave Epcot, it depends on where you are heading as to what route to take. If you are skipping Animal Kingdom and simply heading over to Magic Kingdom, take the monorail from Epcot back to the TTC, then transfer to the other monorail line heading from the TTC over to Magic Kingdom. When you are done that evening at Magic Kingdom, you'll take the monorail or ferry boat back over to the TTC from the park exit, and your car will be waiting in the TTC/MK parking lot for you.

If you still want to include A.K. midday after your visit to Epcot but before you head to M.K., you have a couple of choices. If you are in the Future World section of Epcot when you conclude your visit there, simply catch a bus to A.K. from the front of the park at the bus stops. If, however, you are in World Showcase when you conclude your Epcot visit, you may want to head out the "back door" exit called the International Gateway and walk over to the Yacht and Beach Club resort to catch a bus to Animal Kingdom from there.

If you still want to do three parks in one day, it can be done, but consider the logistics and time consumption of travel you'll be having to do.

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
236 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One Day to Hop in Disney Parks

Wow thank you! We have decided to just do Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. So we can park our car at MK in the morning and take the monorail to Epcot from there? What happens if the MK is full in the evening and we can't get from Epcot to our car? Is that likely to happen?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One Day to Hop in Disney Parks

Even if the MK theme park fills up to capacity crowd level and is no longer letting in guests that evening (not really likely unless it's a major holiday), you can still catch the monorail back to the MK/TTC parking lot from Epcot with no issues.

The monorails that go to MK from the TTC and the monorails that go to Epcot from the TTC are totally separate monorail lines, hence the need to transfer at the TTC to get from one theme park to the other.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: One Day to Hop in Disney Parks

How long before EPCOT opens would the monorail from MK start running? Thnx :)