We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help surprising someone with trip to disney!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
202 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help surprising someone with trip to disney!!!

Got 14 days left and Im surprising my lil sister with a trip to disney for her high school graduation... I bought her the mickey graduation ears but I am still not sure how to tell her we are going.. Any help would be wonderful. Looking for creative ways to surprise.. Plan on telling her at dinner after she graduates!!!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help surprising someone with trip to disney!!!

You are a wonderful sister. Instead of telling her what about wrapping up plane tickets or a brochure to a Disney park?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,657 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help surprising someone with trip to disney!!!

Good idea phyllis, I would wrap up the ears!!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help surprising someone with trip to disney!!!

Definatley wrap up the ears. I was so excited about what a wonderful sister she was that all I could think of for the moment is wrapping up something that represents Disney. When I re-read the post I saw that she already had the ears so that is what she should wrap/

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help surprising someone with trip to disney!!!

I assume you're going to a restaurant for a meal? If so, you could talk to the maître d' in advance of course, so that they can perhaps have a desert that has the message on it? Be a surprise for you too as you won't know what they have in store ;-)

Enfield, Connecticut
Level Contributor
73 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help surprising someone with trip to disney!!!

Is there a way you can put a note in with her diploma? We are surprising my 13 year old son the end of August. We are not telling him until we drive to the airport. I am so giddy with anticipation its KILLING ME! I can't wait to see his face. We are planning a trip to Alaska, 7/2014 so I told him we can't afford to go anywhere this summer. SURPRISE!!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
202 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help surprising someone with trip to disney!!!

I have kept this secret since October ... and she graduates the 25th. I was thinking of embarassing her kinda... getting a huge box and wrapping it up ...so she thinks its something huge!!!!! so when she opens it up a mickey balloon flies out attached to the ears!... What do you guys think??

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,591 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help surprising someone with trip to disney!!!

Type up a note that says: "Congratulations on Your Graduation! For your gift, I'm taking you to Disney World!" or whatever message seems appropriate. Then cut the note into "jigsaw puzzle" pieces and slip them into her graduation card. You can watch, as the surprise reveals itself.

You're a wonderful sister! Enjoy!

Your post just appeared: love the balloon idea!

Edited: 1:20 pm, June 13, 2013
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,657 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help surprising someone with trip to disney!!!

Love the balloon in the box idea !!!!!

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help surprising someone with trip to disney!!!

Hiya,

I love the balloon idea!!

I would love someone to surprise me with a Disney trip.

Do the balloon thing and tie the tickets in an envelope to one of the balloons.......indoors obviousley lol

scotland
Level Contributor
524 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help surprising someone with trip to disney!!!

Do a treasure hunt with all things disney and the last item could be tickets/note to say you are going!!

:-)