We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much spending money will i need for 2 weeks in orlando?

Peel, United Kingdom
6 posts
Save Topic
how much spending money will i need for 2 weeks in orlando?

Hi, me and my boyfriend are going to Orlando for 2 weeks at the end of June, we are staying at the quality inn on international drive and we have already paid for our park tickets. We are thinking about taking $1200 for spending money, will this be enough? (we also get paid whilst we are over there if needed)

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how much spending money will i need for 2 weeks in orlando?

Its hard to tell what other people will need. Im just home a few weeks 2 adults and my 4 year old. We had $3000 and spent it all.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,575 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much spending money will i need for 2 weeks in orlando?

If you are only taking $1200 between you then no, I really don't think that it will be enough as it is only around $85 a day! If you are both taking $1200, you may be ok but it will all depend on where you eat, what you want to buy, transport costs etc etc. I think there are a lot of threads about spending money so you may want to look at them too.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much spending money will i need for 2 weeks in orlando?

Hi,

To be honest i think you will struggle with that amount, you can eat fairly cheaply over there but you will still not have much for a few drinks and the occasional "nice" meal out.

Also I'm sure you will want to do at least a tiny bit of shopping?

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: how much spending money will i need for 2 weeks in orlando?

I agree with the above. The $3000 we had seemed like enough for us, but we didnt buy clothes or anything this time. We had a car too and a villa and didnt eat out all the time. If its only $1200 total the most of that will most likely go on food as your staying at a hotel.

Peel, United Kingdom
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how much spending money will i need for 2 weeks in orlando?

thanks for the messages.

we get paid whilst we are over there, so we will have more once that's gone. We aren't to bothered about the shopping, will have a walk around the malls though!

what about $150 a day budget?

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how much spending money will i need for 2 weeks in orlando?

You can eat cheap cici pizza all you eat $5 upwards if you are going for a drink look for happy hours big savings available brick house tavern had best ones at Easter

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: how much spending money will i need for 2 weeks in orlando?

$150 would be better. Do you like to eat out at fancy restaurants etc etc.. If not you can eat pretty cheaply. But if you are eating out breakfast lunch and dinner it will certainly add up.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: how much spending money will i need for 2 weeks in orlando?

No alcohol in bars, cheap buffets and no shopping, no problems. You could survive on much less. But would you enjoy your holiday?

On the other hand, just one dinner at Victoria & Albert's could be way more than $1200 for two...

If you are on a budget, try look for a hotel with complimentary breakfast, that would save you some money.

Peel, United Kingdom
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: how much spending money will i need for 2 weeks in orlando?

I'm not 21 but my boyfriend is, so the alcohol isn't to much off a problem!

when we do go out for meals at night it will be to some of the places on IDRIVE like TGI Friday etc and for breakfast we will just fill up on the buffets from places like dennys which I hear are quite cheap!

thanks again!

York, England...
Level Contributor
330 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how much spending money will i need for 2 weeks in orlando?

Just stock up on breakfast and lunch items at supermarket and bias your food spending on evening meals. Plenty of threads on here about which parks allow you to take food in (food in the parks would really make a hole in your budget) At your ages its doable on your budget. A lot of us on here are of shall we say more mature years and tend to spend more on meals out etc. As you get older you do tend to get more expensive tastes:))