We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney bus system

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Disney bus system

Okay look to be staying at the Pop Century and taking the Disney bus system to the parks. My questions:

1. I know what the book says, but really how often do the buses run?

2. How do they run? Do they go from just hotel to Theme park X, or from Hotel to each park and then back to the hotel?

3. Are there buses/monorails that go from park to park?

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney bus system

The buses really do run about every 10-15 minutes to Pop. We have never had an issue with their bus service and we go during Spring Break.

Each bus has a designated route from the resort to a specific park, it loads at the resort, unloads at the park, reloads and goes back to the resort. So outside of the Pop, there is a long row of bus stops and you just get in the line that is going to the park you want.

No there are no buses that run between parks. You can take the monorail between MK and Epcot, but you have to change monorails at the TTC. If you are park hopping it is easy to take a bus from one park to the nearest resort and then another bus to the next park.

Pittsburg, KS
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney bus system

A majority of the time, the bus will actually drop you off at the park at a different resort's pick up spot. They are going to that new resort, not back to yours. So, the bus driver will tell you where your pick up spot will be when you leave the park. So, pay attention to the resort signs, and don't just go to the place where you were dropped off at.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney bus system

Funny, in all the years I've ridden Disney buses, I've always been dropped off at the same place I would be picked up. Maybe they change it around during crowded times.

If you are wanting to go from park to park, you have to think outside the box. For example, say you've spent the morning at Animal Kingdom, and you want to go to another park.

To go to the MK, think about which hotels are closest. If you catch the Contemporary bus at AK, you can walk from the CR to the MK. If you take the Grand Floridian bus, you are just one monorail stop away from the MK.

To go to Epcot or MGM, take the bus for the Epcot resorts: Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Club. You can walk into Epcot from either the Boardwalk or Beach Club (the Yacht Club too, but it's a little farther), and you can either walk or catch a boat to MGM.

The buses tend to run a little more frequently in the early morning and late evening hours, to accommodate the large numbers of people moving from point A to point B. During the midday, I've waited as long as 20 minutes, but never longer than that.

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney bus system

Thanks for this info as this is great info as we are going in December and planning on staying at Pop Century ourselves

Alberta
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney bus system

Hey Indy

The buses at Pop are great. I never waited more then a few minutes when i was there in February. You picked the best value resort because the others have to share buses.

I hope you have a wonderful time. Take lots of pictures of the resort. One picture I didn't get was of the lake at Pop Century. Be sure to check it out. I never got to see it. If you do, take a picture and post when you get back. I will be able to see what i missed LOL.

Have a blast and play safe

Hugs

Jokelady

Pittsburg, KS
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney bus system

fla4fun -

We've had completely different experiences, I guess! :) I noticed in mid-May last year (no crowds at the beginning of our trip) that we were rarely dropped off at our hotel's bus stop. Maybe three or four times at the most in 12 days. Maybe it has to do with what hotel we are staying at. That time it was Coronado Springs. But, I noticed the same thing the time before (stayed at AKL over Christmas for 14 days). I just figured they had a controller that sent the buses where they were most needed and that it was pretty routine. We also went in 1994 and 1997, but I was too young to remember or care about that stuff.

But, oh well. Different hotels. Different routes. Different experiences. Have fun, indy4192!