We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Disney your big vacation for the year?.

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Topic
Is Disney your big vacation for the year?.

Just curious if this Disney trip is your only big trip for the year?. Curious as to how many big vacations people plan in a years time.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Disney your big vacation for the year?.

We spread our vacation out to 3 weeks during the year.

Our first is trip to Panama City Beach, FL ~ staying 1 week in a beach home. Go in a few weeks. Have been going to Panhandle area for years and love it there.

In September will be in NJ/NYC visiting DH family and for a wedding.

Our WDW holiday hasn't been booked yet ~ leaning toward 1st week of December.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,300 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Disney your big vacation for the year?.

This year Disney is the big vacation, also looking for first week in December. June is Atlantic City, July is Ocean City, MD and a weekend in Boston in September. Last year's big vacation was us/ioa in september, had also done atlantic city and atlantis, bahamas. We like to do lots of other stuff not just Orlando. Like Honeybee says spread it out through the year, more fun that way I think :)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Disney your big vacation for the year?.

No Disney for us this year. New England in September, starting with a weekend in Boston with some very special friends :)

We do one big holiday, usually to the USA or Canada, per year and a few smaller ones, Spain, Ireland and a couple of long weekends away.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,300 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Disney your big vacation for the year?.

hehe can't wait :)

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Disney your big vacation for the year?.

I would so love, to go to Atlantis, Bahamas. But I hear a bottled water is like $10 yikes. And i love the beach but my kids dislike it. But maybe because i always take them to Ocean City.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,319 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Disney your big vacation for the year?.

Yes it's our splurge vacation. We plan all year for that one special trip and we try to make the most out of it. We've tried other destinations but we always got home and missed disney too much and that got costly. So we try to change Disney up like this time we've added a cruise so we can get the beach/ocean but were still doing disney, best of both worlds!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,319 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Disney your big vacation for the year?.

Just caught your Atlantis post after I posted- we've been twice once for honeymoon and 2nd time took DD when she was 4. It is an amazing resort you don't need to leave the grounds at all. Yes it's very expensive we needed $3000 just for a week stay I think I came home with nothing. Unfortunately right after getting home in January from Atlantis we headed to Disney in may that's when I learned my lesson. You could always take a cruise to Atlantis

Edited: 11:26 am, May 28, 2013
Indiana
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Disney your big vacation for the year?.

Not the big one this year, but it's probably the more expensive one.

We leave for Wisconsin Dells in a couple weeks and will be staying at the Great Wolf Lodge and seeing all the sights. Then we are making our way down to Iowa so I can see the Field of Dreams movie site. It's a Road Trip Bucket List item. It's going to be a great trip.

In December, we will be spending a weekend at WDW to do MVMCP and the Osborne Light show. It's a Friday to Monday trip.

We are also planning Indy Zoo, Navy Pier in Chicago and a road trip up into Michigan. All day trips.

Here is our Disney schedule:

2014 - Florida for 2 weeks, WDW, IoA and SeaWorld, plus the Ocean and Gulf.

2015 - Disney Cruise and a couple days at WDW

2016 - Disneyland and Hollywood

2017- WDW for Avatar Land, I hope.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,996 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Disney your big vacation for the year?.

Not usually but we take several trips every year. So far this year we've been to San Antonio and Key West but will be doing a non-Disney Orlando trip in September.

I'm the Disney nut.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Disney your big vacation for the year?.

We follow up Disney with a trip to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico every year. Just me and the wife, without the kids.