We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas / Holiday Homes Orlando

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Topic
Villas / Holiday Homes Orlando

Hi

Looking to book a Villa for a change when visiting Orlando, weve only ever stayed on I-Drive in hotels. This time we would like to try one of these fab homes you see advertised .. (on a budget of course! ha)

2 weeks holiday.. 5/6 days at Disney and the rest of the time spent between our villa pool and outlet shopping.

My question is, is there one “go to” site or post code where ppl go when looking for Villas in general.

we will have our own car hire.

Thanks in advance

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villas / Holiday Homes Orlando

We normally use Homeway.com or VRBO.com. Owners direct is another one mentioned a lot too. Holidaylettings.co.uk is one used by UK residents as well.

We normally stick to Windsor Hills, Rolling Hills, Formosa Gardens area (ZIP 34747). We have tried another few places over the years but this is the area we prefer.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,432 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villas / Holiday Homes Orlando

As above, zip code 34747 and the "Formosa Gardens" area would be the closest/shortest commute to Disney and the attractions. Here is a map of some of the popular communities in this area http://goo.gl/maps/WIQN

There are many options beyond this which people like and may fit your budget needs just be aware of longer travel time - this may or may not bother you. Communities out on/off of 27 in Clermont, Davenport, and also ChampionsGate area. In another part of Kissimmee zip 34746 some popular choices include Terra Verde and Cumbrian Lakes off of Poincicana Blvd. as well as Bella Vida and Lake Berkley

Level Contributor
198 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villas / Holiday Homes Orlando

We tend to look at villas on villas2000.com, for us Davenport works best, not far from Disney, quiet enough for chill out days & still near enough shops & food

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villas / Holiday Homes Orlando

thanks for the feedback.

as i said weve only ever stayed on I-drive and loved that the outlets etc be at either end of the road so between days at the parks wed pop in and out of the shops etc so with location we would like to be near I-Drive / Parks etc..

with regards to prices would we get a villa for about €1,000 or less for 2 weeks with a pool?

two adults and 2 toddlers around Oct time

Thanks

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villas / Holiday Homes Orlando

Plug in your details to homeaway and it will filter it down for you.

If you want to be near IDrive rather than Disney then you may want to look at suite style accommodation or condos on I Drive. Sounds like that may be what you are looking for.

Have you looked at Marriott village next to outlets?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villas / Holiday Homes Orlando

You won't find any villas with private pools near IDrive due to short term rental restrictions. The nearest will be in Kissimmee. As said look at the Formosa Gardens, Windsor Hills, Rolling Hills area, these are closest to Disney and all the shops & restaurants along the 192. We stayed at Rolling Hills last year and found it a great location for getting around. we have stayed at Davenport in the past but found it too far out for us.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villas / Holiday Homes Orlando

Thanks, i love the idea of the villa adn our own pool with have the 2 kiddies.

if i can’t get that style near i-drive then i will look to the other destinations suggested

Thanks

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villas / Holiday Homes Orlando

"if i can’t get that style near i-drive then i will look to the other destinations suggested",

No "if" they don't exist.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villas / Holiday Homes Orlando

I would agree 34747 zip code is great. We just stayed there and the trip to WDW was 14 minutes from home to car park!

As for cost 2 weeks in May cost about £650, I would suspect that October would be similar, this was through a company called Golden Holidays, we found them very good. http://www.golden-holidays.co.uk/

Edited: 11:05 am, May 28, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Villas / Holiday Homes Orlando

thanks for the updates :)