We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antarctica at Seaworld

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Antarctica at Seaworld

We will be in Orlando in July and plan to visit Seaworld and their new attraction Antarctica. Has anyone been yet? Initial thoughts?

New York
Level Contributor
458 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Antarctica at Seaworld

did you go on the moderate or mild ride? I hate spinning rides, but my girls love it. so how much does the moderate ride spin? I heard that the wait for the mild ride is much shorter and you see more since you're not spinning that much.

thanks

west midlands
Level Contributor
54 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Antarctica at Seaworld

we went on the moderate, which didnt spin to much and tbh there isnt a lot to look at until the end when you have docked..

Level Contributor
1,076 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Antarctica at Seaworld

Look at the EasyWDW site. They just did a brilliant review. To be honest I was soooo looking forward to doing this in October but now it does seem a bit lame.

Interestingly if you book SeaWorld tickets on line at the mo it appears you get a free front of line pass for Antartica (again from EasyWDW).

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Antarctica at Seaworld

It's not that great, it broke down whilst we were on it for about 20 mins, they told us to stay seated and it was freezing in there! Wouldn't bother again

West yorkshire
Level Contributor
665 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Antarctica at Seaworld

We went two days after opening and was 2.5hour wait - we didn't go on it - but I have heard its lovely - but it will be there another year - I was not going to wait 2.5 hours for it!!! Hahaha

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Antarctica at Seaworld

Went on this ride today only an hour wait ...very lame ride and totally hyped up by SeaWorld.The end is lovely when u get to see the penguins but apart from that I would not say it was anything special .( as we were all quite disappointed and also it was over far too quick

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Antarctica at Seaworld

Complete waste of time. give it a miss.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Antarctica at Seaworld

In a nutshell ...I totally agree with u Ells Bells!!!!!

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
106 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Antarctica at Seaworld

Just got back today and had to log online to say what a complete waste of time this ride was, wish we'd read the reviews on it before getting in the que. It was meant to only be a 60 minute wait, ride broke down about 5 times when we were actually in there and ended up spending two hours by the time we got out.

New York
Level Contributor
458 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Antarctica at Seaworld

I went on the ride on July 3. We initially were standing in a very long line and then decided to pay extra $$ for the fastpass/ quick queue (first day the penguins were included in this). So, the wait was much less. Well, what a disappointment. The ride itself was very short and when you ended the ride you saw some penguins, no big deal. I guess I expected a grand spectacle with lots of penguins surrounding you. It was cold, but not too bad. The best part was after you left the cold area and you can see the penguins swimming in the underwater tank. I would not recommend waiting more than 10 minutes for this ride.