We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only two days at Disney (MK and HS)

Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Only two days at Disney (MK and HS)

When we go to Orlando we have decided that we only want to spend two days at Disney. One day at MK and one day at HS.

Are these two parks achievable in just 1 day each?

What would be the cheapest way of getting entry? Pay at gate or buy tickets from Undercover tourist (or other vendor)?

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only two days at Disney (MK and HS)

When are you thinking of going as crowd levels vary greatly. Hollywood Studios is doable in one day just make sure you pick up a times guide and factor in the times of all the shows. MK, in my opinion, is at least two full days if you want to see the parades, fireworks and all the rides.

I can't help with the ticket situation. Sorry.

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only two days at Disney (MK and HS)

i have to agree MK is at least a two day park.HS can be seen in a day.

as for tickets the more days you buy the less it costs per day.you are not going to find a discount on a two day ticket i would stick with undercovertourist.

Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only two days at Disney (MK and HS)

Not going until august 2014, so just doing research at the moment.

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only two days at Disney (MK and HS)

Crowds drop off towards the end of August as people get ready to go back to school. The Magic Kingdom can be seen in one day, but you'll want to sketch out a plan of what are must sees vs attractions that are not that important. You can buy two days tickets at the park, There is no meaningful discount until you get to a four day ticket.

See: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mk.htm

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,049 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only two days at Disney (MK and HS)

I would say you "can" do MK in one day, but you better have a plan and a firm understanding of the FastPass system. Not sure if the Snow White coaster will be open by that time so there could be an even bigger interest in New Fantasyland which could keep the crowds up and make it a bit harder to get it all done in 1 day unless you cut out things you don't "have" to see.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,389 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Only two days at Disney (MK and HS)

The "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" ride should be open by August 2014 as they are slating it for early 2014.

I would say it can be difficult to do "every single thing" at Magic Kingdom in one day, but what you can do is study the park to determine what attractions and activities would be a priority for your family and concentrate on those first, then add the extras if you have time. Also, as stated, make good use of Fast Pass as you can, but only on the most popular attractions. Criss-crossing the parks kills time, especially if a parade or the castle stage show is occurring.

If you are not staying at a Disney resort, try to visit the Disney parks on days when the given park does not have Extra Magic Hours, as this increases the crowds.

7. Re: Only two days at Disney (MK and HS)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 23, 2014