We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm at windsor hills

Virginia
Level Contributor
203 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
I'm at windsor hills

Hello,

I just though I would see if anyone had questions. We are staying in a 3 BR townhome. It is very very nice. So convenient to Disney.

There were questions about BBQ grills. In our rental it has a number to call to rent for a week if needed for 40.00.

We haven't been to the club house but we will go up there later.

We also have internet access so if you have questions let me know.

I know tracidee is here too.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
628 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm at windsor hills

How long does it take you to get to Disney?

How crowded is the main pool area?

Does the neighborhood feel safe and secure?

That's all I can think of right now! Hopefully we'll be in a house there later in the year. Okay another question - if you were renting a house, is there a particular area within the development that's better to be?

Mel

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm at windsor hills

Disney is close. Magic kingdom maybe 15 minutes and Animal Kingdom and Water park about 5-10 minutes. Pool is not too crowded and is beautiful. Very safe feeling and wonderful. Would stay here again in a heart beat. Clubhouse is cool and little store has a little of everything. We are using the Sherberth exit.

We have a 3 bedroom condo directly facing the pool. It is a 45 second walk to pool and club house and little store. Condo is great and it is wonderful having two bathrooms and a kitchen and washer dryer. Not cooking much, but the fridge and D/W are great to have great.

Aloha123 would love to meet up with you, but I am sure you are as busy as we are. Have a blast.

Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm at windsor hills

Glad to hear more posative comments re: Windsor Hills. We don't go until November, it seems like a lifetime away.

How much of a commute is it to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure? We are travelling with two teens who would prefer the Universal parks. I was just wondering how long the drive would be from WH.

Virginia
Level Contributor
203 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm at windsor hills

Hey Tracidee, I am whipped and this was the first day of parks. We plan on hitting the main pool tomorrow you are probably going to MGM according to TGM. I have seen your posts there too :)

It only takes about 10 minutes (at the most )to get to MK that is to the Parking lot and even possibly the monorail. It is very fast.

The condos are closest to the pool but it depends on what is important to you. We wanted our car near us and the kids have the splash pool out our patio. It is deeper than we thought. It was also important that we have comfortable beds. We have a king in our room and the kids have bunk beds in their room. There is also a queen size in the other room. We are also on an end unit near a grassy area. We are about a 5 minute walk to the club house though. My husband wondered how I could book such a great place and expect him to leave it to go to the parks.

If you need specific info about any roads or more info I am sure one of us can answer it for you.

Virginia
Level Contributor
203 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm at windsor hills

Oh, yes I feel safe. It is a gated community and you have to register when you arrive.

upper marlboro, md
Level Contributor
493 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm at windsor hills

We will be there July 15 for 10 days. From all the reviews I am so glad I booked at Windsor Hills. But like your husband we will probably want to stay at WH more than the parks. I am so worried about the July heat and the crowds.

How long are your staying and how many days will you spend at the parks? We haven't bought our tickets yet because I' m wondering how many days to do at the parks because of the heat and the crowds.

Alberta
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm at windsor hills

Hey Aloha.... Jokelady here!

Glad to see you made it safely... traciedee too!

I look forward to seeing a glimpse of your holiday photo's. What is the weather like there?

Do you have pictures of where you are staying or a website? I am thinking of a rental next time if we have 5 people. You will have to let me know your total thoughts when your done as well as the cost and a contact number.

Where are you spending Thursday? Traci where you guys spending Thursday?

Look forward to all your posts. Hopefully you guys can meet and say hello in person... would be neat!

Hugs Jokelady

epsom
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm at windsor hills

Hi Aloha123,

We are staying in WH from 12th of august for 2 weeks.

We are booked into a 3Br townhouse named "Closest to the Magic"

would like to know if you have spotted this paticular house and could tell us how close to the pool it is or the views it has.

many thanks.

Virginia
Level Contributor
203 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm at windsor hills

elfin44,

We are here for a week and I did get a 5 day pass. I have an 8 and 7 year old. I am starting to think that I should have done a 3 day only because we drove here from VA and we are driving to Texas from here. The every other day parks seems to be better, IMO.

The heat is actually not bad. It isn't terribly humid. The crowd level is definitely heavy in the evening. We have only done MK so far and the morning was awesome.

If you haven't been here or since you are coming here at a heavily crowded time I highly recommend tourguidemike.com It does cost money to join but his advice is outstanding. We never waited more than 10 minutes for any rides.

Virginia
Level Contributor
203 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm at windsor hills

Hey jokelady,

As you see from my above post the heat hasn't been as bad as i anticipated. It is in the low 90's but the humidity seems to be low. We of coure took a break in the afternoon.

I will take pictures of our unit and the area. I won't be able to share them until we get settled in Texas in a couple of weeks.This place can sleep up to 8 and is very comfortable, 3br 3bath. If you want to be near the main pool I would suggest the condo's.

If you want info on this condo let me know. My intention was to go to MGM in the evening but MK wore me out. I am looking for an alternate day we will see. I think it is just lounging by the pool and dinner somewhere :)