We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney hopper tickets? can more than one person use them???

framingham
Level Contributor
152 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Disney hopper tickets? can more than one person use them???

Hello, heres a tough question, i will be going to orlando in Feb 2014 for a month, staying on international drive, i want to buy two 14 day disney park hopper tickets so when my kids come down to visit they could go to the parks, most of the kids (19-21 years old) will be with a friend when they visit at different times during the month. i understand the (TICKETS) have to be used up within 14 days of the first use, so really my question is could my son and his buddy use 3-4 days, my daughter and boyfriend 3-4 days my other daughter and friend use 3-4 days all on these tickets or do i have to buy a bunch of 3 day passes for each person? havent really been able to find and answer on the forums. any help would be great thanks

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney hopper tickets? can more than one person use them???

No, I'm afraid not - tickets are linked to a scan of your finger that takes place at the entrance to the parks every time you use them so they are non-transferable. Having said that, I've heard of people who swear to have got their tickets mixed up with other family members' tickets and still been admitted through the turnstiles!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
183 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney hopper tickets? can more than one person use them???

The ticket has a biometric element to it so it's specific to the first user - they will ask for photo ID if the hand scan does not match - entry refused and possible charges - would not risk ithttp://www.infowars.com/print/bb/disney_fingerscan.htm

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney hopper tickets? can more than one person use them???

As above - the tickets are per person, and non transferable. Once me and my family got ours mixed up and they didnt work, we were there for ages swapping them arround to see whos was whos, to the ammusement of the cast memebers. Luckily it wasnt busy at the time!

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney hopper tickets? can more than one person use them???

As everyone else has said, you cannot share/transfer the tickets. If each group of kids are only going to the Parks for a few days, look at getting the Magic Your Way tickets for them, for just the amount of days they can use

www.undercovertourist.com

framingham
Level Contributor
152 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney hopper tickets? can more than one person use them???

Well i guess that will not work then, lol, does not really seem right, but if thats the rules i guess, what can you do. Does anyone have any ideas? would rather not buy a bunch of 3 day tickets and then not have them used. Still have some time before going so will keep my options open for now.

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney hopper tickets? can more than one person use them???

There are no real discounts on a 3 day ticket so they can just be bought at the gate if and when they are needed

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney hopper tickets? can more than one person use them???

Slipstream222: That has got to be the first time anyone has posted a link to infowars.com on this forum.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,564 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney hopper tickets? can more than one person use them???

Once used,the Disney ticket can only be used by that same person-you can't share them around. Although it is no longer available on the website,you can still get the no expiration option at the gate. We always add this option and buy 10 day tickets because we make multiple visits and this works great for us;the tickets can be used in the future easily. If you are concerned about unused days on the base passes,add this option and then the 14 day expiration won't apply.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney hopper tickets? can more than one person use them???

Disneyveteran,

Regarding stories you've heard of families mixing up their tickets but the tickets still working at the turnstiles:

This is accurate, this CAN happen under a specific set of circumstances ... and I stress the CAN because its not a sure thing.

When a family's tickets are purchased all together as part of a Disney resort package, sometimes the initial biometric scans from that party will go into the ticketing database as being acceptable for any ticket within that party. This is done to prevent back-ups at the turnstile when Mom or Dad has all the tickets and the tickets ge handed to each family member incorrectly.

So if you've read reports of it happening that a family accidentally switched their tickets with each other and they still got into park with no problem, it was most likely because they were Disney resort guests who got their tickets from the front desk of their resort as part of a package reservation. But remember, this still isn't a sure thing. We've read reports of this not working out, and here is another one: I tried it myself, on purpose, and it didn't work ... it caused us a delay.

There are also some times when the lead or supervisor at the turnstiles will temporarily disable the biometric scanning software from locking people out due to a mismatched scan. They do this sometimes when it is very crowded and there have been delays ... I have no idea what their criteria are for shutting down the lock-out system, but I do know that it sometimes occurs. No one can or should count on that happening, however.

It is actually against state law in Florida to use someone else's partially-used multi-day theme park ticket.

Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney hopper tickets? can more than one person use them???

A friend gave me 1 park hopper pass which has 2 days left,on it. She bought this in 2005 and I'm not sure Disney did the finger scan back then . The back of the pass does say no expiration so im wondering if this might be transferable still. Does anyone know?