We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near buena vista palace

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotels near buena vista palace

I will be attending a conference at buena vista palace in July. I was planning to stay there since I will not have a car but am not at all impressed by the reviews I have read on this site. Are there any other hotels either within walking or easy transportation of buena vista palace?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near buena vista palace

The Buena Vista Palace is lovely, however if you're dead set against it try one of these, they are all within walking distance

http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/

I wouldn't have qualms about staying at the BVP again.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,458 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near buena vista palace

The BVP could have deteriorated since I stayed there (inevitably for a conference), but it has a great location, spacious grounds, ample pool, and (if you don't get a room facing toward Disney) nice views. It and its closest neighbors in the Lake Buena Vista cluster date back nearly to the beginning of Disney World, so maintenance is especially important. On the plus side, there's lots of mature landscaping.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near buena vista palace

For those who have stayed at Buena Vista Palace, do you recommend the "water view" rooms or the "Disney View" rooms (which according to the web site is different from the fireworks view rooms? Thanks!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near buena vista palace

We had a tower room overlooking DTD. Lovely at night when it's all lit up.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,458 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near buena vista palace

I think they're presenting the views honestly. The "resort view" rooms don't come with an example of the view. I had what must have been a "Downtown Disney View", which being on an upper floor of a tower, included the lush pool area.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near buena vista palace

The only other hotel I am considering is the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. Is that within walking distance of the Buena Vista Palace? If so, about how long of a walk? For those who are familiar with both properties, I would be curious to hear how they compare to one another.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,458 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near buena vista palace

You can get some idiea of differences with Google Maps. The Buena Vista Palace emphasizes its lush site, with the lake and a broad canal. Most of the parking is at a distance from the hotel (to some, that's a nuisance). The Hilton is sort of crammed into a site adjacent to Interstate 4. It's within very easy walking distance of the Buena Vista Palace. The hotels are not quite across the street from each other.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels near buena vista palace

Directly across the street from the Palace is the Hilton Lake Buena Vista, and directly next door is the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista..within walking distance is the Holiday Inn in the Walt Disney World Resort. All of these hotels are on Hotel Plaza Blvd.

Brighton
Level Contributor
123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels near buena vista palace

We stayed at BVP in 2009 and absolutely loved it. Going back to Orlando this year and we were set on returning to BVP but the reviews totally put me off it. Seems like it has gone downhill pretty badly. We've booked the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Hotel because the reviews seemed more encouraging and it still has most of the same plus points that BVP did for us last time - good proximity to Downtown DIsney, shuttles to the parks, multiple on-site dining options, decent looking pool etc.

With regards to the room views at BVP, we had a lake view which was lovely to look out on from the balcony drinking our morning coffee. Our other travelling partners had a Downtown Disney view which looked great lit up at night. So depends when you'd make the most of your view - AM or PM!

10. Re: Hotels near buena vista palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 17, 2014