We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental cars plus Tolls.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Rental cars plus Tolls.

Hi Guys

Im sure its been asked many times,Anyway who are the best company people normally recommend for their car hire from Orlando airport and with regards the petrol is it possible to avoid paying the rental company the extra charge for fuel and just fill it your self nearby or whats best?

Secondly,Im driving to Clearwater beach,How many Tolls would i encounter and does anyone know the cost?

Thanks again.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental cars plus Tolls.

For tolls - https:/…TollCalculator.aspx

Alamobrits and trip wheels as well as usrentacar are names mentioned on here. You could look on comparison websites and skyscanner as well.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental cars plus Tolls.

Hi lassie

Thanks for that some decent info there .

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental cars plus Tolls.

When a hire car company says pre pay fuel on arrival, what is the cost say for a small car 1.4 size engine to fill?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,274 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental cars plus Tolls.

"Secondly,Im driving to Clearwater beach,How many Tolls would i encounter and does anyone know the cost?"

There are no tolls on this route.

"When a hire car company says pre pay fuel on arrival, what is the cost say for a small car 1.4 size engine to fill?"

It all depends on the size of the gas tank and what they charge for gas. Be assured that it is (far) less than what you would pay at home.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental cars plus Tolls.

Hi Orlando_Vic

Thanks very much for the reply,good information there that I will take on board:-)

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
652 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental cars plus Tolls.

Hi, we are in Orlando at the moment and rented a Mustang with full tank of fuel. The fuel cost was just over $58. I understand that your fuel tank may not be as big and that but it's roughly $3.24-$3.45 per gallon where we have been driving so I hope they helps with figures a little.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental cars plus Tolls.

Hi Leeanne

That's very helpful and smell form of guide to me thanks alot.Enjoy your Hols.

ireland
Level Contributor
291 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental cars plus Tolls.

We're heading over to Florida soon, and we have rented a 7 Seater Dodge Caravan from usrentacar and the supplier is Alamo. At the time of booking, usrentacar was coming out over 300 euros cheaper than booking directly with Alamo and we spent days researching the company and asking for advice on here and could hardly find anything negative about them. We have taken the Gold option as there will be a couple of us driving. We'll be heading past Clearwater and ending up in Sand Key for part of the holiday and dont believe there are any tolls on our route.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,698 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental cars plus Tolls.

Regarding the fuel, a smaller car will typically have a 13 gallon tank. Rental car fuel prices tend to be on the higher side, so figure around $45 to $50 for a full tank - so about 30 or 35 quid.

You can see gas prices at gasbuddy.com or for Orlando http://www.orlandogasprices.com

If you choose to take it back full (fill yourself) be aware of some expensive gas stations near the airport who charge around double. Many rental car deals require you to pay for a full tank and take back 'empty' with no refunds. Depending on how many miles you do, and how long you sit in traffic with the AC on, you may need to start to budget your fuel towards the end of your trip.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental cars plus Tolls.

Hi

Thanks very much for the replies guys very helpful indeed.Think I will go with Car hire 3000