We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hopping advice

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hopping advice

3 days, park hopper tickets, and our must rides:

MK: Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean

Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Seas w/Nemo & Friends, Captain EO, (maybe Mission: Space)

Hollywood Studios: Tower of Terror, Star Tours

Now I've got to formulate a plan for where to go on which day, etc. Thoughts?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hopping advice

I would go to Epcot on a day that is Tuesday through Saturday because of the great entertainment. Try to get a fast pass as soon as you get to the park because Soarin is a very popular ride. It is probably the most popular ride in Epcot and it is amazing. Epcot also has the best fireworks.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
674 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hopping advice

Just to add, don't limit yourself to just the rides, plenty of shows & other attractions to visit, while primarly aimed at kids, as an adult I find them entertaining too

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,341 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Hopping advice

None of those would be busy if you went there first thing when the park opened. Your 3 at Epcot are almost always walk on. Your two at Magic Kingdom can be long at busy times of year and peak times of day but often don't exceed 10-25 minutes or so throughout much of the day. Your two at Hollywood Studios would be most likely to be longer but can be fastpassed, and again, shouldn't have a problem if arriving first thing. Most people would be headed to Toy Story. At Epcot most will head to Soarin. At Magic Kingdom the Mountains or Fantasyland. Soarin is a gentle ride. I'd certainly be much less concerned about it than Tower of Terror or Star Tours

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hopping advice

For some unknown reason my husband thinks TOT will be ok for him. I think he's fed up with not being able to do things. Honestly, it's been about 7 months since the surgery. He plans on getting back into yoga after this week (he's in finals) to strengthen up. I think he just so wants to do some of these rides, and is thinking he can be ok on them. When he first had the surgery, he heard about Peyton Manning (Broncos) who had the same surgery and was back in the game in a matter of weeks. So geesh, if he can do that, surely my husband can handle TOT! We hope. LOL.

Soarin looks super neat - we really ought to run to it first thing vs. the others? Aren't all of the rides going to fill up with a super long wait??

Sudlow: Thanks!!!! So yeah, Tues is day 2 for us. I heard MK is busy on Mondays. Maybe do Epcot on Monday, HS on Tuesday, MK on Wed?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hopping advice

Oh, I missed your posts 1031, naughty and Phyllis!

So - Epcot, head straight to Soarin for fastpass, then the other.

At MK - head straight to Pirates or Haunted Mansion for fastpass, then ride the other.

At HS - same as MK plan

So you think TOT and Star Tours are that jerky? Toss you around a lot?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hopping advice

If you go to Epcot on Monday you will miss some great entertainment, go Tuesday or Wednesday. Soarin is fantastic, if at all possible get the fast pass. If you can't get it, it's still worth the wait. I would never say that about any other ride. I don't know about Star Wars but I wouldn't take a chance on TOT. The pull of gravity is just too much. There is so much to do at the parks that it's not worth taking the chance on any iffy rides.

Have a great vacation.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,635 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hopping advice

Oh absolutely go on Soarin. It's the best attraction ever! You will be sitting perfectly still,just so you know. There's nothing to worry about at all. it's like your're in a theatre seat,with a seat belt,and you are lifted up in the air.

Every now and then,it sways very slightly,but you won't notice it. they just do that for effect.

I almost guarantee you'll want to do it more than once. Lots of peeps get there early,grab a fast pass,then go into the regular line. You'll be very excited for your return time,you have my word on it. :+))

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,341 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Hopping advice

I have no personal experience with neck surgery and am not a DR. I was only saying Soarin is less to worry about than TOT or ST. Both of those carry the "Physical Considerations" warning "WARNING! For safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back, and/or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride." (Soarin does not have that warning. It has little motion. You are seated and are simply lifted into the air in front of the movie screen with gentle gliding effect). Tower of Terror drops and raises you at random up to 13 stories. The initial drop is just down, but thereafter can be "bouncy" with the way they take you back up and drop you again - the distances are random with some drops short and some long. Star Tours is a simulator so it has all over movement that can get your head moving in a circle or side to side a bit.

This may sound off for a grown man, but here is a list I've copied and pasted from another post which are rides that do not have height restrictions and suitable for infants at their parents' discretion. Would think these would be gentle enough but again not a DR.

In MK, Magic Carpets, Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Pirates (there is one small pretty gentle drop), Haunted Mansion, Small World, Peter Pan, Carrousel (there is a stationary sleigh), Ariel, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh (a bit bouncy in places), Buzz Lightyear (don't spin it)

In Epcot, Spaceship Earth, Ellen's (very long), Nemo, Living with the Land, Figment, Boat ride in Mexico, Boat ride in Norway (goes backwards and has some drops)

In HS, Great Movie Ride, Toy Story

In AK, Safari (hold on tight it can be bumpy; uneven road), TriceraTop Spin

FYI, neither Haunted Mansion nor Pirates has fastpass. If you are there when it opens you'll have no problems getting these done right away.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Hopping advice

1031: Yikes, TOT and Star Tours do sound iffy. I'll be sure to let him know. I know about the warnings but they are so general and we as humans are well, so individual. Anyway, very good to know about all this. Your list is awesome!!!!!!!! And I had forgotten about Magic Carpets and Tiki Room -- not sure at all what they are about but heard of them long ago. Will check into them. Thanks for the FYI on our two must do's in MK.

Phyllis: I get what you are saying but it sounds like we need to do HS on Tuesday, I heard to avoid MK on Monday's, so we'd do that Wed, which leaves Epcot for Monday. Although, are those calendars really precise? Will it really matter which day we go on?

Moose: Soarin' is on our list!!! Yay!! So excited!!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,185 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Hopping advice

We usually go in mid August (it's a crowded time). We go to whatever park we feel like that day. We never look at the crowd calendars (they're just guesses). Don't worry, go whatever day you feel like :)