We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Orlando Sales

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
404 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Orlando Sales

Hi, just looking to book our flights but was wondering if Virgin are likely to have another sale before we go in October, not knowing how many they have each year, and lots of you being very frequent visitors, thought you may be able to throw some light on this.

Appreciate some may see this as a flight question but with the likes of the posters on here some have flown from the uk many many times and have the knowledge.

Many thanks

Angie

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Orlando Sales

Perhaps they might have one more but it would not be a big or long one. I think the January and Easter sales were the last, although I am happy to be corrected.

I think to go in oct 2013 (i assume you mean this year) the prices would not change much anyway. If it were 2014 then yes there will be another sale im sure but again, with everything going up in price (fuel, tax, etc..) i dont know if it will be cheaper...

Hopefully somebody else can assist but that is what ive noticed over the past few years flying to US albeit in non virgin services

London
Level Contributor
130 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Orlando Sales

I think Virgin do have a USA sale in July to try and sell more seats in the second half of the year. Not sure how those prices would compare to now. What price are you seeing?

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Orlando Sales

Think I've now talked myself into booking today, probably not likely to get much of a reduction on £1426.00 if I leave it longer, plus I will have the satisfaction of knowing it's booked. That price is for 3, money + 6000 airmiles.

sprki
Level Contributor
362 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Orlando Sales

I'm not going now until October 2014 (to co-ordinate with friends that want to come with), and am hoping that I can book the flights soon and bag a bargain in order for us to be able to pay the balance off in plenty of time.

We got a bargain on our Jan/Feb flights when using Virgin's sale last September, but am keeping eyes peeled for something coming up soon to support our forward planning.

Not sure if booking this far out is a good or bad thing but I guess it helps to build the excitement...

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,235 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Orlando Sales

Mark, You can only book with scheduled airlines 11 months in advance so can't get tickets until this November for October 2014.

Edited: 2:22 pm, June 24, 2013
sprki
Level Contributor
362 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin Orlando Sales

We normally book a fly drive as works out cheaper. last time we went only cost us an extra £50.00 for the holiday above the flights only option so worked out cheaper than additional own sourced hire car!

I have looked at the prices online over the last few days and it seems way more expensive than last time so fingers crossed for a bargain soon!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin Orlando Sales

Hi kelseymia, is that price for half term in October? That's a very good price if it is

8. Re: Virgin Orlando Sales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 27, 2014