We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tickets for Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon

Hi Guys,

We are off to Orlando in 2 weeks, we have got our Flexitickets (5 day) and have 2 days left on the Disney tickets, however, we want to go to BB & TL. Is there a special discounted ticket system that i can buy (either in the UK or in Orlando) that will get me and my family to these places (and maybe more ? DisneyQuest etc) or will I just have to pay at the gates??

Your advice, as always, is invaluable! :-)

Jaspy

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,761 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon

How old are the Disney tickets you have two days left on?

Were they purchased before 2005?

Oxford UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon

Hi Kat,

Glad you replied, your a minefield of knowledge!

Yes these tickets were bought 4 years ago, in fact i asked if these tickets were in fact still valid, and you replied to my question saying they were OK, in fact, you also said that you were using your tickets from 2000 :-)

so, any thoughts on how to get into BB & TL without paying at the gates? We dont want to buy anymore Disney park tickets.

Thanks

Jaspy

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,761 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon

Well, since I've not yet "experienced" the new Magic Your Way tickets, I can only guess what you might try.

If you are planning to use those old tickets completely up and have no remaining days left after this visit, go to one of the ticket booths or guest service areas at one of the parks, a resort, or Downtown Disney. Ask them if you can "exchange" your old tickets for new MYW tickets and add the "water parks and more" option to the new tickets. It will cost you some money, but if they will do this and only charge you for the addition of the water parks option, this will be the cheapest way to go.

What I don't know is whether or not the "upgrade" to the new tickets will cost you anything extra. I would think not, but if you want "park hopper" on the new tickets, it might. The old tickets were "park hopper" tickets automatically without having to purchase an extra option for that.

Have I made any sense at all? What I've written sounds confusing to me, but if you have further questions, I'll try to clarify.

Yep, I plan to use those tickets we bought in 2000 until all the days are gone on them. They really are a bargain considering the extra charges you have to have now for "park hopping" and "no expiration" on the MYW tickets.

Oxford UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon

Thanks Kat, it kind of makes sense.

btw, what time is it where you are? surely it must be bed time?? lol

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,761 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets for Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon

Nope, not bedtime at all (wishful thinking).

It is almost 3:00 P.M. here in the eastern U.S.

Oxford UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets for Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon

Of course! I added 5 hours instead of taking them away!

So, to summerise, we dont particulaly want to use the 2 days at Disney, so maybe we can exchange them for these magic your way thingy? if not, can i buy magic your way tickets for just the water parks and maybe disneyQuest? (I hear this is a good place for my teenage kids on an evening buy is rather expensive $35 each??)

Thanks Kat

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,761 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets for Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon

So, to summerise, we dont particulaly want to use the 2 days at Disney, so maybe we can exchange them for these magic your way thingy? if not, can i buy magic your way tickets for just the water parks and maybe disneyQuest? (I hear this is a good place for my teenage kids on an evening buy is rather expensive $35 each??)

Well, you confused me more, but let me try.

If you DON'T want to use your remaining 2 days of your old tickets on this trip, your exchange to the Magic Your Way tickets MAY cost you extra in order to get "park hopping" and "no expiration" on the new tickets (options that came automatically with the old ticket). However, exchanging the tickets MAY be the only way to get the "water parks and more" option added to your tickets.

If you don't want to do the ticket exchange or if it will cost you lots extra to get the new tickets with all the old options, it will probably be cheaper for you to just keep your old tickets, then buy individual tickets to the water parks.

I don't think you can simply buy a "water parks and more" option without exchanging your old tickets to the new Magic Your Way tickets. I don't think they can't add the new "water parks and more" option to the old tickets.

It's very confusing!!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,761 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets for Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon

Hey, just thought of something.

Your old tickets; were they simply "park hopper" or were they "park hopper PLUS" tickets?

In other words, did you have the water parks option on the old tickets when you purchased them?

Oxford UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tickets for Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon

Hi Kat,

Thanks for helping me here.

The park tickets were/are park hopper PLUS, however we used the 'PLUS' part for BB & TL on our last trip, so all thats left is the 2 days.

Any help?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,761 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tickets for Blizzard Beach / Typhoon Lagoon

Well, if you used the water parks on the PLUS part of the old tickets, you'll most likely have to do the exchange and get the new tickets.

Once you get the tickets exchanged, they can add the "water parks and more" option to the new tickets with no problem.

Below is a link to a webpage on "all ears" with some very lengthy explanations about tickets. The best advice I can give you is find a guest services desk somewhere at Disney and see what they can do for you.

Heres the link:

http://allearsnet.com/pl/ticket.htm