We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to do 10 days for £1500-£2000

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is it possible to do 10 days for £1500-£2000

We were thinking of going to Boston in feb or match next year and for 2 adults and infant of 18 months we were looking at about £1500 all in for flights and hotel.

It got me thinking; would we be able to Orlando or Florida areas for the same amount; albeit for 10 days?

Knowing nothing at all about this region I thought I would just ask the question?

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,688 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to do 10 days for £1500-£2000

Brrrrrrrrrr, Boston will be cold at that time of year!!! The cost of a holiday in Florida will depend on what you want to do and where you want to be based. Do you want to stay on the coast or in Orlando? Will you be going to the theme parks? If you can give us a bit more info, I'm sure lots of folk on this forum will be able to give you an idea of costs.

England
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to do 10 days for £1500-£2000

Thank You.

I guess where we stay will depend on price. As long as close to shopping and parks etc that'll be fine. Complete novice here. Would prefer public transport but will rent a car if need be.

We will no doubt do 3 days at parks as 18 month old wont really appreciate it. I guess I am just looking at a warmer climate (we love USA and never been to this region) and a few days out here and there for parks and shopping. Shopping will feature high for the wife no doubt.

leeds
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to do 10 days for £1500-£2000

Virgin flights on are offer at the minute... ive booked 9 nights for £420 pp for the flight.... just the accommodation to sort out now. but we're looking at no more than £600 pp based on two adults sharing.

We dont get a car in orlando we use the i-ride so if you do this option then i would say Yes you can definately do it for £1500 - £2000

I always depackage my holiday to orlando - the cheapest holiday with virgin holidays what £800 for a week and worked out even more without the car option.

Edited: 6:21 am, April 14, 2013
England
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to do 10 days for £1500-£2000

Good post thanks. What sort of area will you be looking to stay in?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it possible to do 10 days for £1500-£2000

With a small child I would definitely consider getting a car, you don't want to be lugging buggies and all the paraphernalia that goes with an 18 month old on and off buses and hanging around bus stops in the searing heat waiting for them to come along. Also with a car you have more choices of where to stay.

Without a car you should be looking at the IDrive area, most convenient for everywhere if relying on the public buses. With a car I would think about a villa with private pool in the Kissimmeee area.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it possible to do 10 days for £1500-£2000

Yes if everything is as cheap as possible.

I would wait, save up some and do it properly. Also would wait until your child is older and can enjoy it more.

England
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it possible to do 10 days for £1500-£2000

Thanks for the replies guys. Certainly open to hiring a car if need be. Regarding the Villa idea any reputable sites I should be looking at?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it possible to do 10 days for £1500-£2000

Try http://www.vrbo.com/

leeds
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it possible to do 10 days for £1500-£2000

Hi Mark

We're staying for 5 nights on I-Drive and 4 nights in Lake Buena Vista.

I assume your pram would have a sun protector anyway so your little one would be fine, The first time my parents took us to orlando we stayed in the I-drive area and didnt go anywhere but the theme parks so a car wasnt really necessary as most hotels have free transfers to and from the theme parks, or for a small fee if they arent free (saves you the cost of a car and the £200 insurance premiums and petrol).

Its relatively easy to get around Lake Buena Vista and I-Drive and american's are much more helpful and courteous to families with small children and women... many a times i've had men stand up from being seated to let me sit down (all american of course).

The I-trolly drivers are also helpful and they will help you onto the bus is you need assistance.

If you are limited to a budget I wouldnt rule out this option it can save you a lot of £ we've ended up paying £630 per adult for a 9 night trip.

The transfer from the airport will cost us $40 each way and a 7 day I-ride pass costs approx $11 per adult (free for children under 12)

England
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it possible to do 10 days for £1500-£2000

Thanks for the post, very informative. We are leaning towards a villa at the moment but all of them appear really big