We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea World Annual Pass Activation & Parking Hours Questions

Amherst, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sea World Annual Pass Activation & Parking Hours Questions

Hey folks,

Here is the deal: I booked 6 people for Discovery Cove on 5/27 and was able to save $150 per person by buying myself a Sea World Annual Pass. Of course, the problem is that I must activate the pass at Sea World before we can enter Discovery Cove. We are staying in Clearwater Beach and this is our only Orlando day, so I have to activate it that morning.

That said, can anyone with insider info or experience please answer my questions? I would be very grateful...

1. How long did the activation process take for you?

2. My voucher says I can redeem at the kiosk. Did the entire process take place at the kiosk, or did you have to then get in line to speak with someone to finish the process?

3. What time does the parking lot open? I know the park opens at 9am but I'm figuring the lot opens early and I want to be first in the parking lot :)

Thanks!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea World Annual Pass Activation & Parking Hours Questions

When we got ours last year I'm fairly sure we got it from the Customer Services window rather than the kiosks.....it only took about 5 mins if I remember correctly.

To get the free parking before you get your AP just show the voucher to the car park attendant and they'll let you through.

Are you sure you'll need to activate the AP before you go to Discovery Cove?? If you've already booked Discovery Cove they should have your reservation already. It might be worth calling them before hand.

HTH

Edited: 5:59 pm, April 09, 2013
Amherst, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea World Annual Pass Activation & Parking Hours Questions

Thank you. They did say I physically have to go there before Discovery Cove will admit us at that rate.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,902 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea World Annual Pass Activation & Parking Hours Questions

We activated our AP at a self service kiosk, and it was very quick and easy. When we were there, there was someone to help with the self service kiosk.

I'm not sure when you want to get there, but I would expect the kiosk to be available at least 1/2 hour before park opening. I would tell the parking attendant ( if there is anyone there) what you plan to do, I would bet they let you in the parking lot for free.

Amherst, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea World Annual Pass Activation & Parking Hours Questions

Thanks! So the kiosk actually prints your card?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,331 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea World Annual Pass Activation & Parking Hours Questions

If you have a driver to stay with the car you could try the bus/taxi parking or across the street. I want to say not until 8:30 for the parking lot but I'm not certain. And not sure when the man the booths or "turn on" the kiosks (or if they are still available after hours). Could be worth an e-mail to SW through their site. Actually, I'd ask if there is any way to activate it beforehand/over the phone. Ideally, you'd be at Discovery Cove in the early 8 oclock hour to check in, not across the street messing about. Shouldn't take long at SW, but it will take away from part of your time at DC. I've never had luck with the self serve kiosks. On two occasions it wouldn't read my printed barcode and I had to stand in line at the main ticket window

Amherst, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea World Annual Pass Activation & Parking Hours Questions

I called multiple people to try but they all said no way to do it online/over the phone and I must go to the actual park. It's really not very accomodating of them but its worth saving $750 lol.

Thanks!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,331 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea World Annual Pass Activation & Parking Hours Questions

An e-mail (Guest Services for the park) might yield different results than a phone call (off-site local call center). Not suggesting the answer will be different, but I would send a note asking about the parking lot opening time and when the kiosks are turned on (if earlier you could park by the taxis as suggested) so it doesn't hurt to ask just to see if they say the same or something different.

Amherst, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea World Annual Pass Activation & Parking Hours Questions

Thanks! I did send an email to the email address listed on the website as well. I like to get as many answers as possible to ensure correct information :)

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,902 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sea World Annual Pass Activation & Parking Hours Questions

Sorry its a bit late, but yes the kiosk prints your AP

Amherst, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply