We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help choosing between two Moderate Resorts

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Need help choosing between two Moderate Resorts

On the fence between Disneys Port Orleans and Disneys Coronado Springs. I will be traveling with 2 children ages 6 and 5. I would like to eat breakfast at the resort with disney deluxe dining plan before heading to parks. (Think it makes starting the day easier).Which resort offers better dining options? Any overall feedback on either resort would be helpful.

pa
Level Contributor
54,094 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help choosing between two Moderate Resorts

Coronado Springs has more Dining Options by I wouldn't make the a top priority, you can eat anywhere on Disney Property. It is a wonderful Resort and we have stayed many times.

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2568966

Not sure which Port Orleans you have in mind but we much prefer Riverside, it does have one of the Best food courts of any Resort. We have stayed there more than any other Moderate Resort, the Kids love it

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3063960

You really can't go wrong with either, the kids won't be bothered by anything, they will be on holiday, it will all be Magical for them. I would pick the one that strikes "your" fancy most

As a side note, the "Deluxe" Dining Plan is a lot of food. To help cut down on spending hours and hours in Table Service Restaurants, enjoy as many 2 credit ( signature restaurants ) as you can and have several days with only two meals

Edited: 12:52 pm, April 08, 2013
Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help choosing between two Moderate Resorts

Thanks for your response Partypa. As far as dining, I did plan on eating at the Signature restaurants most evenings and having snacks for a quick lunch. I am leaning towards Coronado Springs, thanks again.

pa
Level Contributor
54,094 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help choosing between two Moderate Resorts

You won't be disappointed with Coronado Springs, it really is lovely

When do you hope to travel ?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help choosing between two Moderate Resorts

February 2014 (Presidents week)we have a long way to go but we wish to book early as we are a party of 12 and it is a very busy week. Any suggestions for Must eat Signature Restaurants. Also, we would like to dine with the characters one day, which restaurant do you recommend?

pa
Level Contributor
54,094 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help choosing between two Moderate Resorts

Chef Mickey's is the Most Disney-ish, IMO, the food and characters are good

Some of our favourite 2 Credits

Jiko, Artist Point, Flying Fish

The Hoop Dee Doo is good fun and good food, plus the Wine and beer is unlimited :)

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help choosing between two Moderate Resorts

I would pick chef mickeys also. For signature restaurants we like flying fish, narcoosees and citricos. Also going to hoop de doo for the third time in July. It's really good fun and good value for 2 points. Drinks and gratuities are included there.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help choosing between two Moderate Resorts

Thanks for all your opinions. I have heard great things about Narcoosees. Are all these 2 credit Restaurants good for the kids? I may opt to have the grandparets watch the kids so my wife and I could get a night to ourselves.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help choosing between two Moderate Resorts

We have always taken our boys with us as they were quite happy to sit and play with whatever we had to entertain, such as colouring or a toy. The children's food is good too. It's up to you, but lots of people have their children with them.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,605 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help choosing between two Moderate Resorts

We have stayed at both and prefer POR. CS is huge and unless you pay more to stay at one of the closer in casitas you have to walk around a large lake to get to the restaurant area. We also thought the food court at POR was better then the one at CS. Also if you are staying at CS and do not have a car you are pretty much limited on what to eat. Daughter does not like Mexican food and they have a lot of that, limited on other choices. At POR, you can eat there or trot next door to FQ to eat or take the water taxi to DTD. CS does have a bus that goes to DTD, but it's not close and it's a slow bus in traffic to get there. No long wait for the water taxi, it runs very frequently.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help choosing between two Moderate Resorts

Narcooses and Flying Fish are among our favorites and we have taken our kids, no problem. Enjoy!