We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sci-fi dine-in theatre Hollywood Studios

Co Durham
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
sci-fi dine-in theatre Hollywood Studios

I have just made an adr for the sci-fi dine-in theatre and as there is 3 people in our party ( 2 adults and a three year old) we will have to sit as a 2 and a 1 in the car. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and do they normally fill all the seats in the cars so that the person on their own ends up sitting next to someone else? Also is the sci-fi they show ok for a 3 year old or can it be a bit frightening?

Thanks

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sci-fi dine-in theatre Hollywood Studios

No they won't sit the third person next to a stranger, but if you get put in a six seater car there might be another couple either behind or in front of you, but it's no big deal, you sort of don't notice they are there. There are also some cars that have tables in the middle of them rather than car seats, but it's much more fun in the car seats.

They show trailers of old B movies, stuff like Creature from the Black Lagoon and also some cartoons. It's very dark inside, depending on how timid your three year old is might be a bit scary.

It's our favourite Disney themed restaraunt, but we have no small kids

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,209 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sci-fi dine-in theatre Hollywood Studios

You may share a car with another party, but not your row/seat. The content of the films is child friendly. We've been there with under 3s before

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
455 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sci-fi dine-in theatre Hollywood Studios

I doubt they'll have you sit as a 2 and a 1; they'll probably put all three of you in one seat. We're a family of five; we've eaten there each trip and it's always been my husband and son in one seat and then my daughters and I in the other.

You might have strangers in the seat either ahead or behind you.

I thought the sci-fi movie clips were fine for young kids (Our youngest was two the first time we ate there), but it depends on how particular you are about what your kid watches, and how timid they are in regards to movies. I have a friend who would not have let her kids see it, but she also didn't let them watch any PG rated movies until they were 6 or so (not even animated Disney movies)! The clips are more funny and campy than remotely scary, but if you have a child who scares easily, it could make them nervous. Most kids would be fine, I think.

4. Re: sci-fi dine-in theatre Hollywood Studios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 07, 2014