We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood Studios Extra Magic Hours - Where and When

Valley Stream, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hollywood Studios Extra Magic Hours - Where and When

Alright so how about here. I understand the big ones to fast pass are Toy Story Midway Mania, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, and Test Track. When are the extra magic hours? Should we use those for Toy Story Mania, because that seems to be the most popular ride. Is there a certain time where a certain area or ride is most emptiest? Opinions please!

Mentioned in this post
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Toy Story Midway Mania!
278 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollywood Studios Extra Magic Hours - Where and When

Go to undercovertourist.com and select their Crowd Calendar. This tells you the hours for each park and which ones have EMH on which day. I have found it very helpful with planning.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hollywood Studios Extra Magic Hours - Where and When

1. Test track is in EPCOT not Hollywood Studios. (Are you confusing this with Star Tours?)

2. Fast pass doesn't run during EMH so sometimes it is better to fast pass a ride than do it during EMH depending on crowd levels.

3. https:/…Cached shows the park hours including EMH if you choose what date you are looking at.

4. Toy Story Midway Mania is definitely the most popular ride at Hollywood Studios because there are less kid friendly rides in this park, plus it is a great ride. I would go to this ride first thing and if it is morning EMH then line up. It if is not and the queue is long get a fast pass. This ride can run out of Fast Passes on busy days. If you are doing evening EMH it is more unpredictable - the later you stay the quieter it gets.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,363 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Toy Story Midway Mania!
278 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Valley Stream, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hollywood Studios Extra Magic Hours - Where and When

If i post this twice i dont mean to;

Oh i knew about Test Track in Epcot i was just tired lol. I DIDNT know that you cant use fastpass during the extra magic hours. Crowd forecast helped too!

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,363 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,410 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hollywood Studios Extra Magic Hours - Where and When

You can often "obtain" Fast Passes during the morning EMH, but the return times won't be until after the park opens to the public. I've seen times when you can get Fast Passes during morning EMH and I've seen times when you couldn't, so it really varys.

5. Re: Hollywood Studios Extra Magic Hours - Where and When

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 07, 2014