We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding anniversary when in Florida

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding anniversary when in Florida

It is our 20th Wedding Anniversary while we are in Florida. Will Disney go anything special for us? & if so how do we go about letting then know? Also any restaurant recommendations for a special family meal , will be early evening as we will still be getting used to the time difference . Thanks for any help you can give. We are travelling with our 3 teenage daughters

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding anniversary when in Florida

I should add that we are staying in Kissimmee

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding anniversary when in Florida

I should add that we are staying in Kissimmee

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding anniversary when in Florida

When in the Disney parks you can get an Anniversay badge at Guest Services, it is fun wearing the badge and having all the Cast Members and other tourists wishing you a Happy Anniversary. Since you are in Kissimmee area you might want to visit the town of Celebration and have dinner at the Columbia Restaurant which serves Spanish Cuban cuisine in a lovely indoor or outdoor setting.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding anniversary when in Florida

Hi

We were at Old Key West last Christmas when it was our 30th wedding anniversary (it was actually on the 24 December whilst we were there) I informed OKW in advance. I wasn't expecting anything much but I was very disappointed when we checked in not to get any sort of acknowledgement from the resort of our celebration, even though it was actually recorded on our booking.

It was ironic that the only time it was mentioned was when we were eating at Kona Cafe on our last evening, our 18 year old daughter was also with us and my husband was feeling unwell so had stayed at the Resort. but I did inform him of their best wishes when we returned to the Resort later that evening.

Roll on August, Yacht here we come.

Scally

PS Happy Anniversary in advance.

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding anniversary when in Florida

oh thanks for that! Presumably we should take a copy of our wedding certificate?

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding anniversary when in Florida

thnks for that, one to avoid then!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding anniversary when in Florida

We went to citricos at the grand Floridian on my son's 15th birthday and they presented him with a special customised menu for him to take home. It was lovely as he didn't want any fuss, but had something to remember the day with. We made him wear his birthday badge!

Livingston...
Level Contributor
501 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding anniversary when in Florida

Check out the menu's on Disney's website. If there are any fussy eaters you can make sure there is something they will enjoy.

When planning a meal for my dad's 50th this year this is what I done then looked at reviews aswell on TripAdvisor and asked people on here also.

One I found that has great reviews was the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk. Highly recommended by many and I believe they can mark it as your own special occasion.

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding anniversary when in Florida

That sounds good, I shall investigate! Thankyou!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding anniversary when in Florida

I had my 50th at Disney, we had breakfast at Cape may Cafe where they made a right fuss of me, great fun, dinner at chef mickeys always a blast. We also had a meal at Fultons to celebrate and the servers were fabulous, it made for a really special birthday week. When we checked in at SSR I was given my birthday badge and had to swear an oath that I would wear it everyday of my vacation. I didn't wear it one day and the check in clerk who had made me swear the oath spotted me and gave me a right telling off!! He gave me another badge and made me promise again not to take it off while I was at Disney. At every table service restaurant we ate at I was given a birthday card signed by Mickey & Minnie and the gang and also give a cupcake. At the Wave we were just at the bar one evening having a drink and the bartender gave us a selection of desserts to share

We spent our 25th anniversary at Disneyland and again the CM's were lovely, we were even given a bottle of bubbly with our meal at Goofy's Kitchen

Basically everywhere you go let them know it's you're anniversary and you never know what they will have in store for you.

Be sure to let them know on the flight it is your special anniversary, Delta gave us two little bottles of champagne when we flew out to LA.

Edited: 10:10 am, April 05, 2013