We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jacket needed?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Jacket needed?

We go to WDW in a week. Just curious if the evenings cool down and if you think a jacket or pants are needed. If not, I'll just leave all the warm clothes at home. It's about 100 degrees in my part of the world, so I'm ready for ther heat.

Alberta
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jacket needed?

tracie

The posts I have been saying suggest it is warm in the evenings. Check www.wunderground.com and see the long range forecast. Oh heck I checked for you myself.... here is the next 5 day forecast.

Friday (today) 89 degrees and 40% chance of RAIN

Saturday 90 degrees 20% chance of RAIN

Sunday 92 degrees 20% chance of RAIN

Monday 91 degrees partly cloudy

Tuesday 89 partly cloudy

Check back daily to get an extended forecast and I would check the day before you go or that morning to possibly adjust the suitcases. Quite frankly I say one pair of pants and thats it.

Have a wonderful time tracie... can't wait till you get back!

Kathy aka Jokelady

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
23,024 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jacket needed?

It's usually warm enough in the evenings but the resaurants crank up the air conditioning big time so you might want to being a seater. The Disney buses are also icy,I saw a lot of very uncomfortable people last week. You don't need pants but a shawl or sweater-I think so.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jacket needed?

Definitely bring a long sleeve button shirt, lightweight jacket or sweater, to wear indoors if the a/c is too cold. We get very used to a/c set around 68 to 70 degrees, so that feels normal to us. But if you aren't used to it, or if they have set it low in a shop or restaurant in anticipation of a big crowd, you'll be happy to have an extra layer.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jacket needed?

At night I would wear strong shoes or flip flops, thorn proof tweed suit , woollen check shirt and a cravat with a deer stalker hat. I would never forget my brolly because I am very very posh. I would never drink alcohol before lunch and I would stop whatever I am doing each afternoon to partake in Tiffin. I suggest you do the same and remember to keep a stiff upper lip.

No matter how hot it gets I always go out in the sun at lunch - it is expected by the locals - you know.

Oh yes, and during the day I would always wear my thong or my speedos

Oxford UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Jacket needed?

Vagus, you crack me up old boy!

Atre you from Wales per chance????????

Jasper

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,592 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jacket needed?

68 degree A/C sounds like heaven to me, but I'm from Georgia.

Just hope I can get the A/C in my room at Port Orleans down that cold or colder at night; still worried about the nighttime A/C thing. I'll need my sleep for sure after walking around Disney for days on end.

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
United States
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Port Orleans...
9,184 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
82 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jacket needed?

We were there the first week of May and only wore shorts and short sleeves. If you tend to get cold in AC then you might need something, but I would think you are very used to the AC running living in Arizona!

UK
Level Contributor
457 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Jacket needed?

Hell...............Dracula in a Thong...that's all they need out there.

I'd stick to the stiff upper lip having injected it with Botox!

The evenings will be warm-You won't need a Jacket.

If you go during Gay Days you can put on your best frock instead

Alberta
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jacket needed?

Disneyworld will be plenty hot during G' Days!

I ain't talking the weather either!

Jokelady

Tampa, Fl
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jacket needed?

The only thing you will need a jacket for is if you get cold in a retaurant. Florida's summer has already arrived, it has been well into the upper 80-90f mark.