We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Hi,

Less than a week until we arrive in Orlando. Will be doing MK for a day, and probably Epcot for the other. I would like to know what rides are really a bad idea for the 'center of balance' challenged persons, like myself? My wife and child seem to do well on most things, but I simply cannot take rides that spin too much OR rides that play with my eyes and balance with an onscreen display and movement. In a nutshell, what rides tend to make people sick? I want to avoid those.

Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
UK
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

I have extreme motion sickness, even a spiral staircase can set me off!

Anyway my friend and I went on Tower of Terror. She had a travel sickness tablet and I didn't. I wouldn't have gone on the ride usually but I was 'pressured'.

My friend was fine, I was out of action for about 4 hours afterwards.

Why didn't I just say no?!

New York
Level Contributor
464 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Epcot: mission space. I went on the mild version and couldn't wait to get off. I get motion sick very easily, but Soarin didn't bother me. If it starts to bother you, just close your eyes, you don't really move that much.Test track definitely didn't bother me. you go very fast around a test track one time.

Disney: tea cups definitely avoid. As for space mountain, if you don't like very fast rides in the dark- then this ride is not good for you. Splash down mountain I hate because of the drop alone, I don't get motion sickness. big thunder mountain rail road is a lot of fun. no problems there.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,402 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

I used Bonine my last trip and it helped. What I noticed was on the Rock n Rollercoaster is that I felt the motion in my stomach a little bit, but not in my head. No real dizziness.

I'd avoid Space Mountain and possibly, Big Thunder Mountain RR at MK. Possibly Test Track at EPCOT, but it's not bad. The Green ride at Mission Space is OK. You can close your eyes and the motion is minimal. At Animal Kingdom I would avoid Expedition Everest and whatever that spinning coaster is in Dinoland. I avoid that whole section it is so bad. Kilimanjaro Safari is a bumpy ride if you're a car sick sort of person. Hollywood Studios only has Star Wars IIRC. Toy Story does whip you a bit when you around corners.

On a Universal note, I was told they made the Cat In The Hat ride less spinny because people were getting ill. Men In Black seemed easier this time, but maybe I just had an idea of what was going to happen.

Mentioned in this post
Space Mountain
Space Mountain
340 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Epcot
Epcot
24,402 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
35 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

You might want to check out this link: …about.com/od/waltdisneyworld/ss/Walt-Disney…

I found it helpful in determining which rides were too much for me.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Thats a good link is there anything like like for universal , im a bit of a wimp with coasters

Scotland
Level Contributor
4,418 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

EPCOT is fine except for mission space... it is the only ride where Disney have placed sick bags in the ride.

It doesn't last long but if it had been 30 seconds longer I would have barfed for sure.

Magic Kingdom - the teacups. Simply spin you round and round and a total recipe for a one way ticket to vomit city.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,402 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,024 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Mission space ------- I puked for two hours !!!!!!!!!

Just the memory is making me want to go again , it's the only ride that gets me

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

I would never go on the teacups or Mission Space.

Some have mentioned Rock 'n Roller coaster and Expedition Everest but I think that those are really smooth rides. I love EE!

Dinosaur, on the other hand, will shake you around pretty good.

I don't know about your stomach, but Space Mountain will painfully rearrange your back and neck

Mentioned in this post
Space Mountain
Space Mountain
340 Reviews
Orlando, FL
New Brunswick
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Rides to avoid in Epcott : (most of them unfortunatly for you) Mission Space is a simulator (orange ) Test track (moving car ride ) Soarin (simulator), Ellen,s energy adventure (simulator,moving car ride )

Rides to avoid in MK : Big Thunder Mountain (roller coster ,small),space mountain(roller coster in the dark)Teacups (if you spin them,without spin probably ok)

Mentioned in this post
Soarin'
Soarin'
541 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Points taken folks. I don't necessarily get sick on coasters, just the spinning and the simulator/eye trick/motion stuff.

What about Philharmagic?