We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpack?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Backpack?

I have experimented in the past with many ways of carrying spare set of clothes, shoes and baby powder etc around the park. Even once carrying no bag, which ended in disaster, I am too OCD control freak for that even if I do waste time getting it check at the front.

I found that having a money belt is good for insurance purposes (found that out the hard way), some wont pay out otherwise and the rest goes in a small backpack shared by everyone in our group.

As some of you know this will be our last trip for a while as we are having a new.house built and plan starting our family so I wanted to celebrate and get something BRIGHT. I brought a Superdry backpack that is bright YELLOW!

It's gorgeous and I will be easily spotted by my family this time, but I suppose its not the best for carrying around the parks as it doesn't have thick padded straps, but it is quite light weight.

Anyway I just thought, does anyone have a tried and tested way of carrying stuff around the park?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
588 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Backpack?

i don't take a bag either. We have no kids so it's easy to do this. Hubby carries park passes, credit card etc. I am very brave and hardly wear any make up in Florida, hubby keeps comb and lipstick in his pocket so I can tidy myself up. We find it much easier this way, no need to go through bag lines or put stuff in Lockers for rides that you can't take anything on. Am usually carrying a bag on the way out though, with a present for my grandson in it( he has been with us before by the way so I know it's different when you have kids with you and you need to carry sunscreen etc)

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
445 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Backpack?

We'll take one backpack (and take turns carrying it). Inside is: refillable water bottles, rain ponchos - the dollar store variety, snack crackers, etc., some Tootsie Roll pops, our pocketsize digital camera, and a few ziploc bags - great if it rains or on the water rides to hold the camera, money,etc. Just the essentials to get us through the morning

13. Re: Backpack?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 27, 2014