We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney's meal plan--Do you have to pay for it for your...

Iowa
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Disney's meal plan--Do you have to pay for it for your...

We are going in December of this year and are staying at Disney's Saratoga Springs. We were tossing around the idea of the meal plan, but did not want to do Disney every day, but most days (take a day for the beach and maybe a day or two for shopping). My question is can we purchase the meal plan for like four days when we are staying say seven days? Or do they kind of have you over a barrell where it is either all or nothing. It sounds like a good deal, but we want to make sure we don't waste the money we spend on the plan. I know the days are not really days, but the number of meals of each type, but I am wondering if we have to do 7 days worth if that is going to push us too much for time?? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!!

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney's meal plan--Do you have to pay for it for your...

Hi IowaDad,

Yes you do have to purchase the dining plan for your entire stay. They charge you for each night you book the dining plan.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,094 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney's meal plan--Do you have to pay for it for your...

I believe you automatically get the "daily credits" for every night of your stay and must pay the dining plan's "per day" price for every night you stay at the Disney resort.

So, if you book seven nights, you have to buy the dining plan for seven nights.

I looked all over to find notes to the contrary, but from all indications, this is how the dining plan works (as a "per night stay" option).

3. Re: Disney's meal plan--Do you have to pay for it for your...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:07 pm, August 23, 2011
Iowa
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney's meal plan--Do you have to pay for it for your...

Thanks for all your input! That is kind of what I thought, but was hoping to be wrong. I will have to ponder the pros and cons of meal plan before deciding. Thanks!

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
612 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney's meal plan--Do you have to pay for it for your...

You actually have a few solutions.

one - you can always make 2 different reservations. The first in which would be maybe 5 night, dining, and with what ever park options you take. then a second reservation for maybe just the 2 night. You have 14 days to use your tickets. But with the meal plan you have to get for the amount of nights booked on that reservation.

second -even if you did get the meal plan for the whole 7 days you can eat at the different resorts and I think one down town disney restaurant.. So if you do take a day shopping you can still use your meal plan to fit your needs.

It is so well worth the money. We have eaten at many of the restaurants in the parks as well as at resorts; it has all been really great.

Chicago
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney's meal plan--Do you have to pay for it for your...

Hi IowaDad - You do not have to do Disney every day in order to utilize the plan. You are given credits and you can use them however and whenever you want. For example, on your off-Disney day, you can stop by the food court of your hotel first thing in the morning on your way out, get your counter service meal (sandwich & chips) and bring it with you wherever you're going. Bring with a small collapsable cooler to keep the food in until lunchtime. Or get it the night before and store it in your in-room fridge until you're ready for it. Hubby & I did that a lot when we stayed at the CBR in October. The only real meal you should plan and make reservations for is the table service meal. There are restaurants in Downtown Disney that are on the plan so you don't have to be in a park every night. You can go "visit" another resort and make dinner reservations there as well. And you'll get the leftovers from dinner to bring back to your room to store in the fridge to eat for breakfast the next day which we loved! No spending money on breakfast the whole week! You won't waste money or food as long as you know how to "work the system". We found it very convenient.

7. Re: Disney's meal plan--Do you have to pay for it for your...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, August 13, 2009