We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Orlando trip ;)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
105 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
First Orlando trip ;)

Hi guys, just about to pay the balance on our Orlando trip for June this year, am so super excited and have found all the info in this forum so much help.

As its our first time (no kids just me and bf) I would really appreciate any advice.

Have been planning away and am thinking this is a good plan for us? Any feedback or advice is much appreciated, also we're staying on I-drive for the 1st 2 weeks in June and won't be hiring a car so will be depending on I -trolley and lynx buses.... Here goes.....

5th June: arrive in MCO at 15.20, giving 2 hours to get through immigration I'm guessing we should arrive at hotel at 19.00, am thinking dinner, drinks and bed.

6th June: Animal Kingdom/ Downtown Disney.

7th June: Seaworld.

8th June: Daytrip (airboat ride with gator show).

9th June: Rest day, city walk for dinner and drinks in evening time.

10th June: Universal.

11th June: Aquatica.

12th June: Busch Gardens.

13th June: Magic Kingdom/ Hollywood Studios.

14th June: toss up between watermark day or a Daytrip to Clearwater beach with dolphin watch swim???

15th June: Gatorland.

16th June: Rest day/ shopping.

17th June: Universal.

18th June: Epcot/ Magic Kingdom.

19th June: homeward bound :(

So that's a rough draught of what I think we'd like, what do you think? Is there a need for rest days at all? Are we doing enough? Too much? Any advice or feed back is much appreciated, thanks in advance ;)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,983 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Orlando trip ;)

First bit of advice, is go Delete your other thread- you posted 2!

Second, I'd take out Gatorland. As you have so many other things to do and need some more rest days. Or a Disney day as you have 2 days doing 2 disney parks which is better suited for those who have been before.

I'd go for a waterpark, evening out/shopping over a trip to Clearwater again as this is your first trip.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,078 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Orlando trip ;)

Do you plan to do any shopping? I think you'll find the prices of things much better than in Dublin.

Do you plan to do anything else beside theme parks? Central Florida has much more to see and experience than Disney/Universal and SeaWorld.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
740 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Orlando trip ;)

Honestly I think you have enough rest days in there. If it was me (and it will be in 41 days! :P) I would go to Gatorland. We only spent max 4 hours there, easy to spend more or less, and it is a very relaxing day IMO. You can go shopping or just chill out back at your hotel afterwards. Having said that though, check how you will get there from your hotel and back. We had a car so it didn't take too long but when I asked about public transport to it I was told you have to get 2 different buses. You will love Florida, especially as a fellow Dub, it's like landing on a different planet! Do consider hiring a car though, it will be much easier to go for day trips and further out from the 'central' Orlando area.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First Orlando trip ;)

If your flying from Dublin you'll go through u.s. pre-clearance

before departing Dublin.

Youtube following " U.S. CUSTOMS AT DUBLIN AIRPORT "

Arriving at MCO you will take a monorail to the main building

landside and collect your bags.

Are you flying with United ?

Google : " MCO AIRPORT - ARRIVAL GUIDE "

Orlando, Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First Orlando trip ;)

i would not try to do mk and hs on the same day.there are two reasons why.

1. mk is a 1-2 full day park

2.toy story mania at hs runs out of fastpasses before 1pm a lot of the time.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,078 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Orlando trip ;)

" it's like landing on a different planet! "

To paraphrase Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, you're not in Kansas anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQLNS3HWfCM

Edited: 10:44 am, March 20, 2013
Orlando
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Orlando trip ;)

I hope your hotel has some shuttles to the Disney theme parks. You can get to them by bus, but you may want to check the time tables. After a day in a large theme park, you may not feel like waiting that long in the June humidity. We can also get some rather nasty thunderstorms in the afternoon that time of year. On International Drive, Sea World and Universal won't be that far by cab if you need one.

Busch Gardens is in Tampa which is a good hour and a half drive. I have read posts that a shuttle does leave from Sea World, but you may also want to check on specifics there too.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
105 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Orlando trip ;)

Thanks guys,

Not sure now about Gatorland if its too far out maybe we'll pass, our hotel offers shuttles to all the major parks so hopefully we'll be ok there? Also the our ticket to Busch gardens offers free transfer from Seaworld. Not too pushed about shopping to be honest but that might change when we arrive, we're flying Virgin from Manchester so we won't clear immigration in Dublin :( may have to rethink our Disney days so, there's just so much too do in not enough time but so excited to go, thanks for the feed back guys ;)

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Orlando trip ;)

The outlet mall on the north side of International Drive should be pretty easy to get to if you want to shop a little.

Orlando, Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First Orlando trip ;)

i would change your mk day to another day thursdays are one of the busiest at mk(the busiest are usually saturday,monday,sunday,thursday,friday,tuesday,wednesday).