We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel time from All-Star Music Resort to Animal Kingdom

Crestview, Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
travel time from All-Star Music Resort to Animal Kingdom

We are going to spend a few days at disney the third week of March. Monday we'll be going to Animal Kingdom. If we are staying at the All-Star Music Resort and Animal Kingdom's magic hours for that particular day open at 8AM, what time should we go out to get on the bus to get there for the opening and be close to the front of the line to get in? Is there a little opening song and dance like the one at magic kingdom?

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel time from All-Star Music Resort to Animal Kingdom

This site may be helpful: www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

It gave me two times, 26 & 42 minutes. My suggestion would be to leave 60-90 minutes before opening to allow for getting through security, the entrance and waiting. When you get to the park, they will let you in, but hold you before you get to the Tree Of Life. There is, or was last time I was there for opening, a brief opening show. People will either head to the right for expedition Everest or to the left for Kilimanjaro Safari. IMHO, the difference between rushing vs walking is 5 minutes spent in a nicely themed queue.

I see you are from FL. If you have a car and are staying on site, you can park for free which will make life very easy indeed.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel time from All-Star Music Resort to Animal Kingdom

I'm staying here now. I got the bus one hour before the park open and it gave me plenty of time to get there on the disney bus, go through bag check and get to the holding area. I was on the second safari bus to leave for the day. A reminder if you have children their pram will need to be left in the pram parking area

3. Re: travel time from All-Star Music Resort to Animal Kingdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 17, 2014