We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyworld

Narangba...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Disneyworld

Taking the family to disneyworld in September, wife and twin 12 year old girls.

I would like to stay at a Disney resort, moderate price.

We are planning on staying for 8 days.

We are not planning on having a car so will be using Disney transport

I would like people's Imput on the best place to stay.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyworld

www.Disneyworld.com the moderates

there might be a special offer for free dining for September coming out soon

www.wdwinfo.com

www.allearsnet.com

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyworld

I'm a big fan of Port Orleans French Quarter.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,534 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyworld

Port Orleans Riverside, in a new Royal Room, with queen beds! Fabulous! Beautiful resort, boat to DTD, carriage rides through the grounds. Lovely, for the tweens and their parents!

CRB has full size beds, but more square footage, in the rooms.

CSR has a wonderful pool and more "deluxe" amenities. Queen beds and same size rooms as POR.

Happy planning!

pa
Level Contributor
54,252 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyworld

Another vote for Port Orleans Riverside

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851271

http://allears.net/acc/faq_dxl.htm

Coronado Springs is also lovey

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2568966

http://allears.net/acc/faq_cs.htm

Townsville...
Level Contributor
586 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyworld

Hi mutter38, do you know when the free dining offers usually come out? Co-incidence, we too are looking for accommodation for 8 days (family of 4) in September and will wait to book anything if they are likely to have a free dining offer.

Much appreciated, Thanks

sydney
Level Contributor
762 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneyworld

when looking, I found it was a big jump in price from value to moderate on the disney site, so would rather have more money to spend than a luxurious room lol, though it seems you English folk seem to get good deals on accomodation & stuff, we not so lucky...

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneyworld

Bigmumma...Offers from the UK are not better,

Uk never gets free dining on value resorts...international bookings get free qs dining plan when available.

UK get free qsdp with moderate resorts..international bookings get free regular dp.

UK has to book a delux resort to get free regular dp. The last offer Disney did Uk was only offered free qsdp with every level of accommodation. Uk has to book far in advance..International have yet to announce free dining for this year...the Uk' s have been and gone and they will soon start offering for 2014!

Another big difference is we have to book a 14day unlimited ticket to get free dining, international bookings can book a few day base tickets.

Both have their advantages and their disadvantages.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,192 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneyworld

But you very often (or maybe all the time?) get a room discount and free dining. The rest of us have to pick between the two. Someone once said (think it was bruces girl?) they got room discount, free dining and a disney gift card!! So if I was getting both discounts, I wouldn't mind booking the deluxe :)

England
Level Contributor
81 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneyworld

Port Orleans Riverside - beautiful grounds, lovely trip by boat to DTD, frequent buses to parks, great restaurants - perfect !

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disneyworld

oh yes we can stack certain offers..i got 35% room discount, free dining and a $100 gift card at old key west. Saratoga springs & old key west tend to come up with a room discount quite often for the uk but they are the only resorts that regularly come up...yes we can get free dining for most of the year when its available but we have to book about a year in advance...like I say both have there advantages and disadvantages.