We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free birthday cake

Stoke-on-Trent...
1 post
Save Topic
Gluten free birthday cake

Does anyone know where i can order or buy a gluten free birthday cake for my 9 yr old? It is his birthday when we are over in orlando and don't want the hassell of taking one with me.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free birthday cake

If you will be at Disney I would call and ask them. They are so good with food allergies and dietary restrictions.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free birthday cake

Here's a link with a list from an Orlando article. You could also try 'It's Tasty Too'...they advertise wedding and birthday cakes. As GangaGal said Disney is always a good place to start.

urbanspoon.com/ft/26/2505/1/Bakery-Gluten-Fr…

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,701 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten free birthday cake

Yes,there is a gluten free bakery at DTD called Babycakes

California
Level Contributor
203 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten free birthday cake

If you will be dining at Disney on the big day, you should consider calling their custom cake department. Their telephone number is 407-827-2253.

My son was so surprised on his sixth birthday when a low protein cake was brought out for him at the 50s Prime Time Cafe. I even cried because it was his first ever bought birthday cake. Previously he always had to bring a low protein cupcake I had baked for him for any party he attended.

Initially they offered to make him a gluten-free birthday cake when we inquired about a special cake for him, but it wasn't low protein. Their amazing pastry chef then worked with me to review a recipe, including the icing and decorations. We just did it again for his eighth birthday and are returning for his ninth, primarily because it is essentially the only place on the planet where he can order his special meals in a restaurant and have a birthday cake other than one I have baked.

If they can bake such a specialized cake for us, I am sure gluten free will be no problem. (The manager at Pizzafari told me they even had a special oven just for their gluten free pizzas).

Their pastry chef and restaurant chefs truly made our son's birthdays very magical.

Good luck!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,122 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten free birthday cake

If you don't find one at Disney, which I am sure you will, I believe both Publix and Whole Foods can make them. There is a Publix close to Disney and the Whole Foods is very near Universal Orlando.

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
635 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gluten free birthday cake

Disney will also have BabyCakes birthday cake delivered to some Disney restaurants and resorts. There are reviews about them on TA as well. Good luck and have a Magical day!

7. Re: Gluten free birthday cake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 01, 2014