We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel recommendations for IKEA trip

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
hotel recommendations for IKEA trip

Any advice for a one night hotel near IKEA? Ideal would be newer hotel with free wifi, breakfast and easy parking.

Husband will be staying in hotel working remotely while I shop so nice hotel preferred.

Thanks

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,492 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel recommendations for IKEA trip

The Universal Studios hotels should be within 2 miles.Plenty to choose there.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel recommendations for IKEA trip

Thanks- I should have qualified- would like to keep price around or less than $ 100/night

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,344 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel recommendations for IKEA trip

agree. at or near Universal http://goo.gl/maps/K8ypQ

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,492 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel recommendations for IKEA trip

Try Travelzoo http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/orlando/ and recheck regularly. Any near Universal should work for you.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel recommendations for IKEA trip

great website, thanks

Va
Level Contributor
11,049 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel recommendations for IKEA trip

Jax is only 2.5hrs away, and ikea isn't that big. Why spend the night?

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel recommendations for IKEA trip

I'm guessing they're staying at the hotel so the husband can work during the day?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel recommendations for IKEA trip

I've read IKEA is a place you can spend all day, so using it as a short fun get away. I am planning on purchasing three specific items but would like time to browse.

Kren 250 you are correct that hubby will be working in the hotel while I get a day w/o kids to look around. He will be the manual labor the following morning to load the heavy items that we plan to get, hopefully there won't be too many unplanned purchases.

It looks like I've narrowed it down to the Universal area to include: Holiday Inn and Suites, Hampton Inn, Hyatt Place, Fairfield Inn and Suites, and Best Western Universal,

Any thoughts or experiences at any of these?

Thanks so much

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,122 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel recommendations for IKEA trip

The DoubleTree at the Entrance to Universal might be another option, although maybe over your set budget, this hotel is a full service hotel and the pool area is nice so if hubby wants a beer or burger, he can easily get it rather than going out of the hotel.

You will need a day as there is great shopping around IKEA, like the Mall of Millenia, DSW shoes, West Elm, Marshalls, Ross and a Super Target!!

Va
Level Contributor
11,049 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel recommendations for IKEA trip

There is no way you will spend more than an hour in Ikea. It isn't that big and there really is nothing unique to it. Honestly I don't think I would waste the gas to drive there. You would be better off spending the day at St. John's town center and keeping the $100 in your pocket for something fun.