We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat dinner

gulf coast
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Where to eat dinner

Will be staying at Wilderness Lodge with my nearly 2.5 yer old. We will most likely have quick service dinners as it will be more convenient for her. She normally goes to be very early and is an early riser. We may be able to push her bedtime back once or twice to have a decent sit down dinner. What would be the best and easiest choice for us? I don't believe the restaurants at Wilderness Lodge interest us much.

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
1. Re: Where to eat dinner

I need something to work with: restaurant near which park? Which type of cuisine? I'm an expert. Just let me know some parameters and I happily can guide you.

Edited: 10:13 pm, February 25, 2013
gulf coast
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Where to eat dinner

Perhaps something at MK. We plan to go there at least two days. Not sure of the type of food. We really aren't foodie people but do enjoy nice meals. Someplace that would have steamed vegetables for my daughter would be great.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,851 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Where to eat dinner

Perhaps the Crystal Palace, with Pooh and friends. Nice buffet, in the Magic Kingdom and a great character meal for a 2.5 year old.

Happy planning!

gulf coast
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Where to eat dinner

I'm not really a buffet person but it would probably be easier with her. What about an order off the menu place? That way we will have a couple of options.

pa
Level Contributor
55,308 posts
5. Re: Where to eat dinner

Find a Menu that works best for you

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,772 posts
6. Re: Where to eat dinner

We like the two options right at your hotel. If you are going to go to a nice dinner it might as well be at Disney World where you don't have to worry about a 2.5 year olds potential behavior quite as much since it comes with the territory. As above, check out the menus and pick something you like. For something fairly easy from the hotel I was going to suggest Trail's End Buffet at Fort Wilderness Campground. Though then you said you weren't a buffet person (I think many may fall into that category at home but shouldn't be so bothered by it at Disney though). This is a simple buffet and they do have a salad bar and some type of steamed veggies together with carved meat, ribs, fried chicken, soup and chili, etc. Also a soft serve ice cream machine and dessert selection and some other things kids would probably go for. There is a nice playground outside. Also, $5 pony rides up to 5pm. And you may want to look into the Campfire Sing-A-Long too. Perhaps a choice if you have a free evening.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,772 posts
7. Re: Where to eat dinner

Forgot to say you can get there by boat from your hotel

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
637 posts
38 reviews
8. Re: Where to eat dinner

When I think of counter service for dinner Two places come to mind. First would be Epcot. They have several very good counter service meals there that is not just burgers and fries.

Second would be Hollywood Studios. I will leave the park before I eat at table service there. But they too have great counter service meals. This is also my favorite place to share the famous Turkey Leg.

Third would have to say Flame Tree BBQ at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Hope this helps.

I would say look at menu's and have a few written out so that where ever you might be you will know your options.

gulf coast
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Where to eat dinner

Thank you! I will check out the menus.

Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,040 posts
20 reviews
10. Re: Where to eat dinner

Tonys at the MK is pretty good-in our experience,the food(table service) is better than the Crystal Palace(buffet and poor every time we have eaten there).Its not gourmet but it is good simple food in a beautiful setting.So MK days,an easy place to eat. Cosmic Rays is also pretty good and has an excellent roast chicken dinner(a big favorite in our family)Artists point at the WL is good but not for a 2 1/12 year old. You could also take the monorail to the GF for the GF CAfe or the Poly for Kona ,both okay food and pretty settings.