We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you were stuck at a resort which would you choose....

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,404 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
If you were stuck at a resort which would you choose....

We are doing the Disney Dream and then want to spend 2 nights at a Disney resort, no theme parks this trip. Need the best resort with the most fun. We will leave to do dinners etc. Were bringing my parents. I was thinking the wilderness lodge would offer something for everyone. I've only done the BayLake Towers out of the Deluxes love it but not much fun.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you were stuck at a resort which would you choose....

Saratoga springs is quite good, you can walk to dtd for restaurants or take a boat. It has some nice feature pools and a quiet pool. The pools have entertainment for the kids around them and creative activities for them too. you can hire family bikes and take a ride around the resort too.

Loads of extras to do without leaving the resort

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you were stuck at a resort which would you choose....

Saratoga Springs for me too, lots to do, lovely pools and as travelbug said a short stroll or water taxi over to DTD, perfect.

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you were stuck at a resort which would you choose....

Beach Club. Definitely. Great places to eat all around you. You can walk to Yacht Club right next door and The Disney Boardwalk is right across the water. Perfect place to stroll any time and relax. You can even walk over to the Swan or Dolphin.

pa
Level Contributor
54,701 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: If you were stuck at a resort which would you choose....

Wilderness Lodge for sure :):):)

It is so beautiful and relaxing, lots of quiet spaces inside and out. Nice Pools and 3 Hot tubs. Nice Beach, you can watch the electric water pageant from the Beach. Good Dining options and just a boat ride away to the Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Fort Wilderness for more nice Dining Options. If you get a nice Northside room, you can see Wishes from your balcony

I of course could go on and on

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2778033

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,404 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you were stuck at a resort which would you choose....

I knew you'd say that party pa. I love whispering canyon it was so good last time. I think my parents would really love it all. I want to try a new place everytime. Was also debating port orleans royal room to give DD that Disney touch. We're going to share a lion king suite before the cruise so not to worried about Disney overload after cruise.

pa
Level Contributor
54,701 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: If you were stuck at a resort which would you choose....

If the WL is in the Budget, go for it :-)

What are your dates ?

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,404 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you were stuck at a resort which would you choose....

We'll be cruising jan 26-30 only planning 2 nights after cruise so far if budget gets bigger we'll add more I'd rather get a nicer resort then a value with WDW tickets

pa
Level Contributor
54,701 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: If you were stuck at a resort which would you choose....

I love some Resort Only Time

There should be a nice discount for end of January, there has been for the last 10 years or so :)

9. Re: If you were stuck at a resort which would you choose....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 20, 2014