We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pop Century

nj
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Pop Century

I'm so nervous over whether or not to book Pop over the second week of Easter break. I'm afraid it's going to be really noisy, and busy. Has anyone stayed during a busy time? Was it really bad? I just know that my kids will be very cranky if they are unable to get sleep. Is there a quiet section that we can request? I'm also nervous about the youth groups, that I keep reading about on the reviews, any advice would be appreciated :)

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
476 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
130 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
NJ
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pop Century

Will it be noisy? Depends on the crowd. Sometimes it can be groups, sometimes families that, let's just say, vacation differently than you do. I would ask for a room that does NOT face a pool. We find that people can be in them all hours of the night, even if they are not supposed to be--including kids. That said, I do not find this to be unique to Pop.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,921 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pop Century

Any Disney hotel will be noisy and crowded over Easter; it just comes with the territory of being there during the 2nd busiest time of the entire year.

That said, I agree with NJ above in that if you can request a room on a non-pool side, it will help, but noise from rooms around you is just going to happen. People seem to come and go at all hours, running down corridors and slamming doors, not to mention the powerful flushing toilets.

I suggest, if you can bring one, find a "white noise" machine or fan to have in your room for when you are trying to sleep; it works wonders for drowning out the "outside" noises.

The food court is always crowded from the time it opens at 6 in the morning to the time it closes at midnight even in the times of year when fewer folks are at Disney. Always get your drink first if it's a cold one and also your utensils so you won't waste time after you get your hot food items.

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pop Century

We've stayed at Pop Century a couple of times, including once right around Christmas. While you're never going to eliminate the occasional loud person/group walking past your room, in our experience the only areas that were around the main pool and the food court. Those are really the only places where people congregate.

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pop Century

We stayed at POP for one night over Thanksgiving in 2011 and it was our first and last time staying there. The rooms are small and you can hear everything, especially the toilets flushing in the rooms on either side of you. Also, the one bed is very close to the door, so that person will most definately hear noisy guests walking/running by the room. Perhaps asking for a room on the end will help with that.

I know I am in the minority on here, but I would definately NOT recommend POP, especially at an extremely busy time.

5. Re: Pop Century

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 17, 2014