We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo Online Check-In

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Alamo Online Check-In

We have a vehicle rental confirmed with Alamo. It doesn't tell me on the Alamo website how early we are able to do the Online Check-In. We've used the kiosk before to check-in but I would love to skip that part, too. But I don't want to use my phone once we arrive to check-in.

Is it possible for me to check-in at home before we catch our flight to Orlando? That would be between 4 and 9 hours before we'd arrive in Orlando.

Thanks,

wpggirl

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Alamo Online Check-In

I believe if you have checked-in you need to print off your rental agreement because once you arrive, you head straight to the garage to select your car.

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Alamo Online Check-In

Can I ask how long before you go you should check-in? I just tried it for my trip end-June and there was no listing for the airline - I get some sort of error code? Thanks.

Also how do you join the loyalty programme? I can't see a link on the website. Do I have to check-in first?

Edited: 1:30 pm, February 14, 2013
Iowa
Level Contributor
9,805 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Alamo Online Check-In

david....If you successfully checked in online you should be able to print the contract. Take this with you and go straight to the garage. There will be someone there to direct you to a row of cars. Drive to the exit and the person at the booth will take your credit card, license, and the contract you printed at home.

BUG...Sign up here for the Alamo Insiders here...

https:/…insider.html

You should be able to checkin anytime without any airline information needed.

UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Alamo Online Check-In

Hi,

As we have booked again for July, we re now looking at car hire, we always use Alamo but have never joined the loyalty programme, on reading this have just joined, but when I followed it into the us site the price quoted was $1625, this is far more than the uk site has quoted me at £525. Have the people with loyalty cards all booked via USA site? I would really like to be able to check in on line but need the better price.

Thanks

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Alamo Online Check-In

Hi Loyal, I always book Alamo through the Virgin Atlantic site for a good price but because I am an Alamo Insider I can then use the on-line check-in.

Some other suppliers can offer better prices on different cars but we always want an SUV of some sort and Virgin do a good price on those.

UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Alamo Online Check-In

Thanks floridashirl, we have booked our flights through VA so will get a price through them, the online check in sounds like a real bonus!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Alamo Online Check-In

Yes it is. Once you have done it, you will need to print off your rental agreement with them and then when you arrive in MCO and have got through immigration, you just head straight to the garage, taking your rental agreement, driving licence and credit card. Chose your car, load up and head to the barrier, then just show your paperwork as listed above and off you go. Its very easy.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Alamo Online Check-In

I have just checked in online for our holiday in May. The car was booked through Virgin and is with Alamo. I am not a member of any loyalty programme and this is not a package holiday.

Got a great rate thorough Virgin for a GRAND CHEROKEE.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Alamo Online Check-In

I didn't want to bump up the other post about this, due to it getting a bit tedious but I did want to update on a comment I made on there about keeping you informed about my next attempt at on-line checking-in.

I have been waiting for my last car hire transaction to be confirmed by Alamo. I booked the car (only) on Friday evening and have just completed on-line check-in. I have printed off my contract and it tells me to go straight to the garage to collect my vehicle.

Another poster has said they also did the on-line check-in with Alamo when they booked through a company other than Virgin.

It is not a Virgin only thing, It is not a Virgin package only thing, you don't have to be a member of the Alamo Insiders either by all accounts. I must just be lucky to be able to do this ;-)

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Alamo Online Check-In

Just to let you know that I booked a flight with Virgin Atlantic and separate car hire on the phone through Virgin Atlantic. Just managed to do the online check in with the VA flight booking reference and printed off the contract. Will let you all know if I go straight through to the cars :-)