We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Planning a trip for November 20-25, 2006 for five adults. Would like to know can 5 adult women share a room at the Grand Floridian comfortably? From all the reviews this hotel seems to be the best choice for us. When we vacation we usually stay in one room because the rooms can accommodate the five of us. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

If you request a room with two doubles and a daybed, you won't have any trouble. Don't get an attic room, as those only have two doubles.

Windermere, Florida
Level Contributor
752 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

The beds were comforatably large enough for two (queen beds) but just remember that it is five women sharing one bathroom! (Who am I to talk, I have four daughters!).

The sink area has two sinks and is separate from the shower/toilet area, for what its worth.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Thanks fla4fun and debsunberg for your help. I will keep the information in mind we making reservations. One bathroom is truly a challenge! Most times we are able to get a suite which has two bathrooms. We will see how things will work out. Another choice we might consider is to stay at a less expensive hotel and get two rooms.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,488 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

5 adults + 1 bathroom = disaster.

I'd consider two rooms at a less expensive place.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

The rooms are very spacious at the Grand, but five adults is way beyond capacity. Plus they will carge you an extra $75 per for the three additional adults. I would suggest a two bedroom at the Beach Club Villas. Very nice property and you won't be bumping into one another for your entire visit.

Windermere, Florida
Level Contributor
752 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

We have stayed at GF several times and never had them charge extra per adult....usually just the rate they quote on the phone, even with extra adults in the rooms.

That said, any of the villas are a great choice. We stayed at the Old Key West in Jan and they were more than spaciious and very nice. If they fit in your budget, I say go for that.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

I'm glad Deb got away with one, but of course Disney charges extra for more than two adults per room. Otherwise they would have fourteen teenagers at spring break in a Pop Century room.

Windermere, Florida
Level Contributor
752 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

bob, did not get away with it....I was up front when we made the reservation and we had six adults and two children between two connecting rooms and they did not charge any extra. It was myself and my husband, his parents and our four children, two of whom are considered adults by Disney standards. When you make a reservation you tell them who is in the rooms so you cannot "get away" with anything, unless you lie, and I did not.

Perhaps it is at the budget or moderate resorts that you have to pay per head. I do not know.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Deb we can go around about this but Disney charges extra for every adult per room beyond two. The price you were quoted (and paid) reflected this additional charge. No one is suggesting anybody lied.Please.

Windermere, Florida
Level Contributor
752 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Enough said.