We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom - Need Info!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom - Need Info!

We haven't been to Disneyworld in about 5 yrs. or so, and that time only to Magic Kingdom & Epcot, though we had visited MGM and Animal Kingdom on prior visits. There has apparently been a revamp of Fantasyland. We generally like to check out most of the new things unless they are for really little kids (For instance, for us - Dumbo, no; Peter Pan's Flight, yes. ). I have heard there is a restaurant (in the castle?) where it appears to snow outside of the windows, but I think it's tough to get in. I'd appreciate any info. to what is new or updated, esp. if it's something an adult might enjoy seeing. Thanks for any help!

pa
Level Contributor
54,201 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom - Need Info!

Anything New is worth having a walk through, it's quite well done. And yes, very hard to get a Dinner Reservation at the New Be our Guest Restaurant but at lunch time it is counter service so give it a try

Updates at

http://allears.net/tp/mk/mk.htm

New York
Level Contributor
460 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom - Need Info!

I was able to make dinner reservations exactly 180 days in advance for a July date at Be our Guest restaurant. So, depending on when you go, I would recommend trying.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom - Need Info!

Thanks for the links, partypa. I will definitely take a look at them because I don't recall what other new things there are in Fantasyland, nor if there are new things in the other lands. Is the counter service at Be Our Guest in the same part of the restaurant as dinner, or a different, more casual section?

Noelle, unfortunately, visiting DW is just an sudden, last min. add-on couple of days to a trip already planned within the next couple of wks.

Thanks to both of you for replying!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,523 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom - Need Info!

Lunch at "Be Our Guest", is in the same rooms as dinner. Ask for the "ballroom", if you want to watch the snow.

Be sure to visit the new "Under the Sea" ride, also in New FantasyLand. Belle's story time is worth a visit as well, even for adults. Gaston may be around for a photo opp, outside of his tavern. Worth a stroll through the tavern, just to see his "antler decorating".

Enjoy!

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom - Need Info!

I summed up the New Fantasyland for a friend by saying "Wow, you can do some really cool things with a $1 billion." It's really impressive.

Even if you are closer than 180 days, still check for Be Our Guest reservations. At about the 110-day mark I was able to get reservations there for our group of 8. During our 6 day stay, there was at least one opening for a group our size on at least 4 days. People make changes to their reservations all the time, so keep checking back.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom - Need Info!

Thanks, travelfan and Gleece! Great info! We WILL definitely try to see/do what you have recommended! I have always LOVED DW.

Two more questions

So if the ballroom has the snow effect, I guess the other room has the storm? Which is the coolest effect to experience? (I realize we probably won't get a choice, but just in case!)

Are the lunch and dinner menus posted anywhere? And could you give me at least some idea of them, esp. w/regard to entree pricing?

Thanks again!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,031 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom - Need Info!

wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm…

here's the menu :)

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,018 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom - Need Info!

The ballroom is huge, the Rose Room and West Wing are smaller. I found the theming in the West Wing fab but wouldn't want to eat in there. It's very dark and can get crowded with non-diners taking pictures. The tables near the Magic Rose there would be uncomfortable for me with all of the lookie-loos and photographers queuing up to see it.

The Rose Room is brighter and has giant music box style figures of Belle and the Beast.

I've only sat in the Ballroom and only at lunch. If you can manage to get there right as they open it's easy to get a seat near the snowy windows. the atmosphere is MUCH better right at opening before it gets packed.

Bon Appetit!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom - Need Info!

thanks for the link, princess41! In the photos, I really liked the "scary room", which I guess is the West Wing. Perhaps jsmla has a point about that one, though. Oh, I hope we can manage to get in on a cancellation or something for dinner! But if not, lunch it will be! Thank you for your help and all the info. It's been so long since we last visited DW, I am really behind on things!

10. Re: New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom - Need Info!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 16, 2014