We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flywho

Kingswinford, West...
Level Contributor
237 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flywho

Hi folks,

Picked up a flyer about this airline today and, after checking out their website (flywho.com), the features looks okay.

They will be flying out of Birmingham starting early in July to Sandford twice a week and to (get this!) Clearwater/St Petes Airport once per week. The leg room in cattle class (Silver Class )is an amazing 38" and in Gold Class 45". All seats have individual entertainment systems, good menus (probably a better class of cardboard), special kids menus (smaller chunks of good quality cardboard), kids packs, amenity kits, and in Gold class 2x40kg baggage allowance. You can also mix and match the classes (ie Siver outbound and Gold inbound), and fly into St Pete's and out of Sandford. The aircraft looks like an Airbus A320.

The costs for two adults and 2 kids for 3 weeks in August - just over £2,400 (flights only) so cheap it ain't, but it does offer us Brits another option to get to the Sunshine State and in reasonable comfort to boot.

Happy Trails!

Paul

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
468 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
183 reviews
from $128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
11 reviews
from $49.99*
$87.87
Special Offer
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
126 reviews
from $112.99*
$118.99
Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
15,016 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Flywho

Further to the above, Flywho is once again displaying an ATOL logo on their site.

Be warned. This licence has not been issued to Flywho but to a company called Go Visit America/Go Visit Florida (which interestingly doesn't display the logo on its website!) This company has a "relationship" with Flywho but it is not Flywho (or should that be "Flyhow"?)

This means that if you book your flight direct with Flywho your money is not protected. Yet in their "response" to the Watchdog programme Flywho claims to have been offered its own ATOL licence.

Given that is a lie, as I said before, I simply don't believe anything else they say.

UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Flywho

Why believe a TV programme, who need to produce sensational stories to get high ratings?!!! Would you believe the story if written in The Sun?

If they company was a con, surely they would not be online still. Flywho are paying back customers who have booked on the cancelled flights.This is a legitimate company, trying to break into a highly competitive market.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
15,016 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Flywho

Because Flywho has a track record of lying which Watchdog does not. There are several inaccuracies in their response to Watchdog. For example, I wonder how they can say that they have satisfied customers when they haven't flown a single person. If I had booked and received a refund (the best Flywho has so far managed) I wouldn't be satisfied, and I doubt most people would be.

They are not a new company. They have been around for almost two years, have taken people's money and not provided the service they promised. As more people pay them money, they are refunding some of those people who have already paid. But of course, since they are using the money that people are now paying them for refunds, where is the money to operate the flights next year going to come from?

BTW, the ATOL licence that they are using has a limit of about 1,700 bookings between now and March 2008. As they plan to offer daily flights, that number of bookings has probably already been reached by mugs who have been conned by this "airline". Bookings beyond that number are not protected.

Pay Flywho money and you will lose it.

Compare how they operate to companies like EOS and MaxJet, who are even younger than Flywho, and who have successfully operated hundreds of flights. And when they do have to cancel, passengers are re-accommodated on another airline if need be. If Flywho was legitimate, that is the least they would do, given that people who book flights usually also book accommodation etc., and still want to travel on their holidays. The reason that Flywho doesn't do that is simply because they don't have the money.

Flywho is a con.

Newark-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Flywho

The Flywho website has now disappeared and a phone-call to the company elicits the information that all flights have been cancelled and they are not accepting any more bookings.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
15,016 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Flywho

Indeed, they are history.

I feel for everyone who has lost money.

Be warned though that their "associated" travel agency govisitflorida is still up and running, and I would also be extremely wary about booking through them as well.

Newark-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Flywho

I have had a look at the Govisitamerica website. It doesn't fill me with much confidence. Apart from the phone number there are no other contact details, and no sign of ABTA or ATOL membership.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Flywho

I'm sure BA, Virgin and AA would love to know their logos are on the flights section too! Steer clear.

Fleet, United...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Flywho

James& Fran

Looks like the BBC was yet agaon correct, for your information WatchDog does not go for tabloid but goes for the facts and investigates after many customer complaints.

Point has been proved as this cowboy company seems to have finally folded

Mick

Newark-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Flywho

I seem to remember the boss of Flywho saying on the Watchdog programme they were a "Christian company with Christian values" Hmm !

Newark-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Flywho

Flywho wrote to a prospective customer a few weeks ago saying that the reason they are not flying is because of "adverse publicity" . They have only themselves to blame for the mess they are in. They have broken many promises about flights and start-up dates.